Tim Byerly

sucks for him. we'll be alright.

hope he heals fast.

Not good. We would go from having the best backup QB situation in the conference to one of the worst. And would put a ton of pressure on JT to stay healthy. Also changes our goalline package as the midline with Byerly has been close to automatic the last year.

If this is bad and Thomas gets dinged in a game we are screwed.

öööö this sucks. Hopefully it's like the Dlineman injury last year that looked horrible but he only missed a week.

I'm guessing Mathew Jordan moves back to QB. I'm also guessing the RS comes off of Christian Campbell if JT is injured during the year (a lot of other factors of course would come into play).

I'm not sure this is all bad. Tim was a good insurance policy and he allowed CPJ to move Jordan to AB and redshirt Christian Campbell. Tim was only going to play during mop up and goal line situations unless JT gets hurt. If JT gets hurt we are not going to be spectacular no matter who you put in there, even though Tim gives us a fighting chance.

Hopefully Tim can come back and play but if he does not, we are forced to fast track the development of Jordan and or Campbell. That will make them better players faster than being a substitute A back and a scout team QB. That will pay dividends down the road. So you can look at this one as the glass half full or half empty. I think it can turn out good for us.

Go Jackets!

Could medical RS if he wants to keep playing. Don't know the severity of the injury of course, but doesn't sound good.

Burn Christian Campbell's redshirt. Too much at stake.

Byerly is a terrific backup. His loss is a big one, especially if it causes you to try and protect JT. Hope he comes back healthy and strong.

This is bad because injuries are bad.

More Skov on the goal line, I guess.

Burn Christian Campbell's redshirt. Too much at stake.

You only burn it if JT goes down. Let him practice as the backup, but let someone else play in the garbage time. I can't imagine the garbage time plays do much for QB experience.

I'm not sure this is all bad. Tim was a good insurance policy and he allowed CPJ to move Jordan to AB and redshirt Christian Campbell. Tim was only going to play during mop up and goal line situations unless JT gets hurt. If JT gets hurt we are not going to be spectacular no matter who you put in there, even though Tim gives us a fighting chance.

We've seen in the past where the starter has to go out for a couple series or even a couple plays and the backup has to step in. In a close game (e.g. the Dwags), that could make or break our chances.

This would be a big loss. Really hope it's not a season ending injury.

Back