Tim Byerly

You need to miss 2 seasons due to injury to request a medical red shirt

No you don't. You can be injured 2 games into your true freshman season and request (and be granted) a medical redshirt at the end of that season.

The primary restriction on medical redshirts is that you cannot have exceeded playing in 25% of the games during the season for which you're requesting a medical redshirt.

If he can redshirt, I don't know that he would. He would still be backup (a great backup). I'm sure he could be starting a job (living the 80k lifestyle is appealing). Hell, he might, I don't know. He could love the sport so much that he would. I love to gamble. Who wants to take bets that, if he is out for the season, that he won't come back? Also, let's take bets on, if he does come back, that he will have over 10 total TDs on the season. Any takers?

So based on history you don't need that fire extinguisher in your kitchen.

This actually made me realize I don't have a fire extinguisher in my kitchen.

But this analogy is bad because we do have a QB. Your analogy would be more appopriate if you said, "So based on history you don't need that second fire extinguisher considering your first one has never failed."

This actually made me realize I don't have a fire extinguisher in my kitchen.

But this analogy is bad because we do have a QB. Your analogy would be more appopriate if you said, "So based on history you don't need that second fire extinguisher considering your first one has never failed."
You don't need the fire extinguisher because you have a box of baking soda and a glass of water.

I don't need a fire extinguisher because I have multiple homes. #80klife

If Byerly were to somehow come back next year, he could be a solid A-back. He might be too good to keep off the field behind Justin Thomas in what would also be his senior year.

No you don't. You can be injured 2 games into your true freshman season and request (and be granted) a medical redshirt at the end of that season.

The primary restriction on medical redshirts is that you cannot have exceeded playing in 25% of the games during the season for which you're requesting a medical redshirt.

close, you make the request when you complete your eligibility, so a freshman would wait until 4 years of eligibility are completed.

Byerly would do it at the end of this season if he doesn't return for the season. Possibly, if we feel like we don't need him, maybe CPJ keeps him on the bench...

30% (I posted the rules verbatim from the latest NCAA Bylaws above)

Back