Time for a new AD?

Did anyone here umpire any GT softball games who would like to share stories?

Wood?
IzQqRyw.jpg

Sharon Perkins needed to be fired long before MBob was here. DRad wouldn't do it because it was his first hire. The actual team hated her. She slept around with the umpires and treated the players like öööö. Players have some "good" stories of her. There was a protest in DRad's office one day.

Holy crap. That's insane.

Winning the Orange Bowl has to improve the athletic department's financial situation, right?
In what way? I don't think it has any direct effect. Presumably we'll sell some more season tickets this season because of it, but it's hard to imagine us selling that much more that it will have a noticeable effect.

The bottom line is, after two years, have we seen anything to show that this AD is proactive? That he can raise money? That he can help our current coaches improve their programs? Every single facility improvement was underway before he got here.

Didn't the recruiting staff expansion happen under Bobinski? Haven't we seen good results already?

We are paying for DRad's facilities expansions right now, there isn't much Bobinski can do there. Bobinski is also tasked with paying for DRad and Braine's hires...

Many in the fan base were screaming for firing CPJ. Bobinski has been wisely patient. Then he patiently negotiated a better deal than DRad had previously (with the same coach).

I am not saying he is the best AD ever, but he has also done some good things.

If Bobinski wouldn't have extended Gregory and then basketball had a good season, you all would all be whining about Gregory can't recruit now because Bobinski didn't extend him. It's ridiculous to think Bobinski needs to go.

If Bobinski wouldn't have extended Gregory and then basketball had a good season, you all would all be whining about Gregory can't recruit now because Bobinski didn't extend him. It's ridiculous to think Bobinski needs to go.

So why did he extend him without giving us some cover on the buyout? And then why were we told the extension made the buyout more manageable? And why did he get a raise?

Didn't the recruiting staff expansion happen under Bobinski? Haven't we seen good results already?

We are paying for DRad's facilities expansions right now, there isn't much Bobinski can do there. Bobinski is also tasked with paying for DRad and Braine's hires...

Many in the fan base were screaming for firing CPJ. Bobinski has been wisely patient. Then he patiently negotiated a better deal than DRad had previously (with the same coach).

I am not saying he is the best AD ever, but he has also done some good things.

At the very least I am almost certain the recruiting staff expansion didn't happen until after he was here. I think he has made some good decision and some bad decisions. He's no perfect pick but I don't we're near the point of really needing to replace anything. He probably has not made the best decisions with regards to basketball but that situation can't be entirely laid at his feet either and neither can the entire burden of fixing it.

The Perkins/Hoerner deal wasn't really MBob's. While he did sign off on it (even before he came here full time), the firing and interview process were already taking place as we were signing him.

He has also hired Rodney Harmon at Women's Tennis coach. That was a very good move IMO.

Back