Time for change

NzSxlGO.gif

This might be the only redeeming post(s) on the forum at the moment.

Why would any desirable coach come to GT? It's not a good job and won't be until the institute decides that it cares about winning.

It is a great job.

Pay is top notch.
Unlike real jobs, you are not expected to deliver results.
You don't have to have goals or show improvement.
You can be a smartass to every single person you are not suppose to be a smartass to.
All you have to do is beat worthless teams from the state of n.c.(who have never done a thing on the field)

We all watch the games. We know what's going on. But those of us with a bit of character don't go all bleeding every week we lose a game.

So you've doubled down on the butt love futures then?

It is a great job.

Pay is top notch.
You can be a smartass to every single person you are not suppose to be a smartass to.
All you have to do is beat worthless teams from the state of n.c.(who have never done a thing on the field)

:lol:

Fair enough.

Remember when we "owned" Dabo & Clem in 2008 & 2009?

They knew what they wanted and went out and bought it including an Athletic Director? Our leadership is confused and ambivalent toward the program. Now, we're "owned."

We would have done a LOT WORSE this game with a pro offense and our players. We would have performed worse than the rest of the ACC did against Clemson.

In order to compete with this talent level, we need two things:

1) dummy majors to hide players in
2) boosters who will pay players

2) is something we don't have, and 1) is something the UGA controlled board of regents won't allow. Period point blank. Get used to it or pick a new team to watch.

When Paul Johnson is fired in 2014, which will probably happen unless Gurley gets shanked by Auburn this Saturday, we will become a regular 2 win team and BDS will be completely empty. The football program will end. PJ is the only coach in the country who could squeeze a winning season (and an occasional championship game appearance) out of our limitations.

If you're butthurt about losing to a team that's probably a legit top 5 team, who has boat raced everyone they've played but FSU, who is probably the best team the country's seen in the last five years, then it would be better for your own health to go be a Bama fan.

Florida is but one example of pro-style offenses which suck horrifically. Other team has a top-10 pick in Watkins and, unlike when we had Calvin, a non-Reggie-Ball at QB. Then we wonder why we can't do that.

We would have done a LOT WORSE this game with a pro offense and our players. We would have performed worse than the rest of the ACC did against Clemson.

2) is something we don't have, and 1) is something the UGA controlled board of regents won't allow. Period point blank. Get used to it or pick a new team to watch.

When Paul Johnson is fired in 2014, which will probably happen unless Gurley gets shanked by Auburn this Saturday, we will become a regular 2 win team and BDS will be completely empty. The football program will end. PJ is the only coach in the country who could squeeze a winning season (and an occasional championship game appearance) out of our limitations.

If you're butthurt about losing to a team that's probably a legit top 5 team, who has boat raced everyone they've played but FSU, who is probably the best team the country's seen in the last five years, then it would be better for your own health to go be a Bama fan.

Re #2, so ipod shuffles and trips to acquarium don't count.

It is a great job.

Pay is top notch.

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Awesome

Unless we beat Georgia this year, PJ will be fired in 2014 because of the loud cries of boosters saying its "time for a change." Of this I have no doubt. I also have no doubt that whoever replaces him, no matter who it is, will end the bowl streak and Bobby Dodd will be empty, after which time the GT head coaching position will be worth less than Vandy and it'll be basically the end of GT football.

Oh, you guys wanting a change will definitely get it.

Unless we beat Georgia this year, PJ will be fired in 2014 because of the loud cries of boosters saying its "time for a change." Of this I have no doubt. I also have no doubt that whoever replaces him, no matter who it is, will end the bowl streak and Bobby Dodd will be empty, after which time the GT head coaching position will be worth less than Vandy and it'll be basically the end of GT football.

Yet Gailey had the same results over the last four years. There are coaches who can do better or else you have to admit that Gailey was a great coach.

I am absolutely terrified of this. However, even if we lose to Georgia, PJ gets at least one more year.

Two is not as much of a factor as people think it is. A bigger factor is the perception -- from a recruit's POV -- of NFL caliber training and opportunity.

One is something GT should do if it's not willing to a) drop football or b) drop to a lower division.

The UGA board of regents thing is pure bullshit. If GT wanted to field a competitive football team, it could. So, no, I will not get used to it nor will I find another alma mater to watch. I'll simply do something more productive in my hobby time and the AT fund will get a bit less per year. Which I'm sure they don't care about anyway, lol.

Two is not as much of a factor as people think it is. A bigger factor is the perception -- from a recruit's POV -- of NFL caliber training and opportunity.

One is something GT should do if it's not willing to a) drop football or b) drop to a lower division.

The UGA board of regents thing is pure bullshit. If GT wanted to field a competitive football team, it could. So, no, I will not get used to it nor will I find another alma mater to watch. I'll simply do something more productive in my hobby time and the AT fund will get a bit less per year. Which I'm sure they don't care about anyway, lol.

Those are excuses. The truth is that CPJ hasn't risen to Gailey levels the last few years. The ACC was prime for the taking the last few years and they have figured out how to combat our offense. We finally have a decent defense and it's the only reason we are bowl eligible.

Back