Time to step up

ptcJacket

Varsity Lurker

Attachments

• A6E4E0C8-276C-4674-B96C-A28D55397588.jpeg
    A6E4E0C8-276C-4674-B96C-A28D55397588.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 54
I was out today looking at cars for the wife. Got to one dealership and the guy asked me if I'm a uga fan. I almost threw up. Then he almost threw up. I told him I went to Tech and am an avid Tech fan and wish only the worst for the other school. He laughed and said he went to Florida where he played baseball and he feels the same way. He then told me he actually wanted to go to Tech and had a scholarship offer from our program, but at the last minute he got cold feet because he heard how hard Tech's academics are. We left it at that and went looking at cars. When I left, I started wondering if his view on Tech's academics are a function of negative recruiting; I am certain they are. I will ask him when I go back later this week as I am genuinely curious.
Here's a guy who wanted to come to Tech, had an offer, but ultimately ran away because he was worried about the academics. Maybe for good reason, maybe not. And don't give me that crap, "well if he didn't think he could do it, then he should just go to UF"; that arrogance is part of our problem.

Our recruiters should be ahead of that by planting in their minds from first contact that tech academics are indeed hard for the regular student body, but you have so much academic support for the athletes that you have to try to fail. Point out how many of our guys graduate in three years vs the student body average.

I was out today looking at cars for the wife. Got to one dealership and the guy asked me if I'm a uga fan. I almost threw up. Then he almost threw up. I told him I went to Tech and am an avid Tech fan and wish only the worst for the other school. He laughed and said he went to Florida where he played baseball and he feels the same way. He then told me he actually wanted to go to Tech and had a scholarship offer from our program, but at the last minute he got cold feet because he heard how hard Tech's academics are. We left it at that and went looking at cars. When I left, I started wondering if his view on Tech's academics are a function of negative recruiting; I am certain they are. I will ask him when I go back later this week as I am genuinely curious.
Here's a guy who wanted to come to Tech, had an offer, but ultimately ran away because he was worried about the academics. Maybe for good reason, maybe not. And don't give me that crap, "well if he didn't think he could do it, then he should just go to UF"; that arrogance is part of our problem.
Honestly, just donate

If he went to Tech and worked his ass off, he would be 80k-ing and wouldn't have to be selling cars on a Saturday.

If he went to Tech and worked his ass off, he would be 80k-ing and wouldn't have to be selling cars on a Saturday.

Dude you’re missing the point. I agree with you. But that needs to be sold to these kids when they’re 17 years old by our guys.

Will you be buying a car then returning it a few weeks later when you realize you don’t like it?

He was trying to sell you a car.

Will you be buying a car then returning it a few weeks later when you realize you don’t like it?

In fairness to my honor, I’ve never returned anything of substance. I sold my townhouse for 12% more than I paid for it. And the Sony has grown on me since I disabled the DorecTV app. So öööö yourself bro.

In fairness to my honor, I’ve never returned anything of substance. I sold my townhouse for 12% more than I paid for it. And the Sony has grown on me since I disabled the DorecTV app. So öööö yourself bro.

The house you had built was a townhouse?

Back