Tip for Coach Johnson

Thanks for the complement. I'm sure you will celebrate our loss this season just as you did our loss last season - by singing the praises of our coaching staff.

No, I'll be the one starting the chant:

Fire CPJ!!!!

Hire JJacket!!!!

There's a reason why our base offense chews up so much clock. To call the play, get everyone set, start somebody in motion, and the play itself averages about 30 seconds of clock a play. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you have to do something different when you have less than a minute left and no timeouts.

There are definitely ways to run an offense quickly without completely abandoning what you do best, though...especially when there's still roughly 2 minutes left and you're around midfield. If Oregon can do it at any point in the game, we should have been able to do it when we needed to.

I haven't been one to constantly harp on this or any of PJ's decisions because he knows more about football than pretty much anyone on this message board, but I don't buy the notion that the only 2 options the game of football allowed in that scenario were to start passing every down or take 30 seconds per play.

Damn, lets just have 1001 excuses for CPJ to lose to UGAg every year you punch of pussies. Hell, even Gailey got CLOSE most years. Holy crap, we might as well just write that game off forever if you can't see that we should have won that game in a walk.

And what culd have been done about the runs up the ****ing gut? How about putting a LB in position to make the ****ing play? Hell, on the long run for a TD, there WASN'T a ****ing middle LB even in position to get blocked on the play - let alone make the play. The OL blocked the DL and the RB ran straight to the endzone.

Im sure the LB was told to be elsewhere. Thats what I would have done. I would have told him, hey, LB... go and uh... um... uh.. just do whatever... but dont fill that gap..no sir... dont do that, because they are trying to run over there and we dont want to get in the way.

Do you really think that revolutionary idea you just cooked up about the linebackers was never considered on the sidelines by the professionals that do this for a living?

I kinda thought you were exaggerating a bit much capitalizing HEAVILY and saying severly out coached, but now I see that you just get real upset huh?

No, I'll be the one starting the chant:

Fire CPJ!!!!

Hire JJacket!!!!

You sir, will be my DC.

Never did I say to fire CPJ. However, I'm gonna call it like it was. CPJ was outcoached. Richt came in with a fantastic plan and they executed it perfectly. The only mistake Richt made was getting conservative and not continuing to drill us.

CPJ was outcoached.
CPJ is not some football deity. He's a human being. Once you realized that, you'll realize how foolish this thread really is.

Richt came in with a fantastic plan and they executed it perfectly.
Right, it had everything to do with the coaches and nothing to do with the players that were actually on the field.

CPJ is not some football deity. He's a human being. Once you realized that, you'll realize how foolish this thread really is.

Right, it had everything to do with the coaches and nothing to do with the players that were actually on the field.

So, now Gailey has an out for losing to UGAg? UGAg was a much better program those years. Last year, we were supposedly the better program until this revisionist history that I have read on this thread. Richt never lost to us when UGAg was clearly the better team. CPJ lost to UGAg when we were clearly the better team.

So, now Gailey has an out for losing to UGAg? UGAg was a much better program those years. Last year, we were supposedly the better program until this revisionist history that I have read on this thread. Richt never lost to us when UGAg was clearly the better team. CPJ lost to UGAg when we were clearly the better team.

You are the dumbest mother****er on the planet. UGA was preseason #1 in 2008 and only lost to Florida and Alabama (apart from us) two teams that were #1 and #2 before the SEC champ game.

You are the dumbest mother****er on the planet. UGA was preseason #1 in 2008 and only lost to Florida and Alabama (apart from us) two teams that were #1 and #2 before the SEC champ game.

You are starting to crack. UGAg came into our 2009 game with 5 losses. We came into the 2008 game with 3 losses, UGAg 2 losses (and got stomped by UF) and you call them clearly the better team? How about getting off the mutt bandwagon for a while?

You are starting to crack. UGAg came into our 2009 game with 5 losses. We came into the 2008 game with 3 losses, UGAg 2 losses (and got stomped by UF) and you call them clearly the better team? How about getting off the mutt bandwagon for a while?

LSU won a national title with 2 losses. What does the loss column have to do with being a better team

Yes, in 2008 UGA was clearly the better team. That's why they were a TD favorite. Quick game: what was the spread for the 2009 GT/UGA game? If you say a TD you're right!!

Logic isn't exactly your strong suit.

Yes, in 2008 UGA was clearly the better team. That's why they were a TD favorite. Quick game: what was the spread for the 2009 GT/UGA game? If you say a TD you're right!!

Logic isn't exactly your strong suit.

Logic says that a 2 loss team and a 3 loss team are probably pretty even - in this case - and a 5 loss team is probably a lot worse than a 2 loss team - and hell, I have no ****ing idea what the spread was in 2008. Are you ****ing rainman or something?

Logic says that a 2 loss team and a 3 loss team are probably pretty even - in this case - and a 5 loss team is probably a lot worse than a 2 loss team - and hell, I have no ****ing idea what the spread was in 2008. Are you ****ing rainman or something?

So you dont care if one team has played powder puffs and the other has played world beaters? its just all about the w-l record?

"Obviously you're not a golfer"

how on earth do they decide who is better for the first games of the season when there is no w-l record? I guess they just dont put down a line for those games... its all coin flip

Logic says that a 2 loss team and a 3 loss team are probably pretty even?

:rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

You have got to be ****ing trolling.

Logic says that a 2 loss team and a 3 loss team are probably pretty even?

:rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

You have got to be ****ing trolling.

Oh, I forgot, you stared in awe eastward at Athens because they had one more victory than us in 2008.

So we play powder puffs and UGAg plays world beaters?

I never said anything about GT or UGAg. You made that connection on your own. I just made a point about your stance on w-l record being the be all end all of who the better team is.

I never said anything about GT or UGAg. You made that connection on your own. I just made a point about your stance on w-l record being the be all end all of who the better team is.

Good lord, don't throw the ****ing thing into a discussion about the relative merits of the scheduling of 120 or so FBS football programs. This is about GT Vs UGAg.

Back