To Wrecked and 3518...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a picture perfect route he ran and Reggie

overthrew him..It would have either gone for a TD or put us down around the 15 yard line..I hear he is making good progress and could start alongside CJ. next year....Atlanta Panther, you still have not answered my question on Drew Gause...How does he look? Im dieing for some info....

GEETEELEE, you\'ve called me a$$hole a

couple times but like I said it doesn't bother me. From what I remember from you on Buzzoff, the insulst were going in both directions. As far as Bilbo goes, there were articles both the AJC and Telegraph where it was clear his heart is still at QB. He's a good soldier and won't publicly complain or transfer like Pat Carter. With the game on the line against UGA, Bilbo was in at QB not receiver. If Ball had struggled in the bowl, Bilbo would have played QB. You can believe the wet ball excuse if you want to. The simple fact is he wasn't given a fair shot at QB. I would have liked to see what he would have done under OC like Chris Petersen. In 3 years Gailey has yet to produce a QB ranked higher than next-to-last in the ACC. Until we get some better production on offense outside of bowl games, it's perfectly legitimate to question his decisions.

Re: GEETEELEE, you\'ve called me a$$hole a

techie, what did you make of the Macon article that basically said he played in a HS system where he didn't read defenses? He simply threw to the guy the play was called for or tucked and ran. He has said himself he did't understand the routes or what the receivers were seeing/doing until he actually began playing WR. And yeah, somebody needed to teach him, but it's pretty clear from his own comments that he was nowhere near as ready as you've always seemed to think.

I like Bilbo at WR. and im predicting a breakout year for him next year at WR..Im hearing that, but I feel that by seeing him the last few games...Last Tuesday night he ran some great routes and was open, on one i mentioned Reggie just overthrew him....IMHO..He would have never had the Game Reggie had at QB last Tuesday night....He will be lining up beside CJ as WR next year...Of course a lot has to do with this spring..Just as this spring is ONLY Reggie's 2nd spring at QB, it is Bilbo's ONLY 2nd spring at WR...

NC, I remember you jumping all over Stateline

for saying Pat Carter could learn QB from talking to his brother NFL WR Tim Carter. Now, you are saying that Bilbo got better at QB by playing WR. Sure, Bilbo didn't play against as sophisticated defenses in high school and I've posted before he had a bad habit of trying to force plays. However, I do believe with the right coaching, he could have been an excellent college QB.
Blackwatch: there were practice reports in August that Bilbo was the second coming of Sterling Sharpe. Sorry, but these practice reports seem to happen in some alternate universe somewhere. They usually don't translate to games.

Re: NC, I remember you jumping all over Stateline

You're right techie I did say that. My thinking, and I think what stateline was implying, was that Tim was going to be able to show him how to play the QB position. What Bilbo is saying is that running routes against live defenses has taught him what a QB needs to be looking for. If that's what stateline was trying to say then maybe he had an idea there. But that's not what I thought he was implying.

Why Don\'t You Just Go Ahead And Beat Something ..

into the ground instead of this whiney hit & run posting.

My god man, how many more times are you gonna whine about Bilbo not being the QB? The fact is more likely that Chan Gailey knows more in his thumbnail about football and QB's than than you will learn in a lifetime about it. It is a good thing that Damarious is more of a man about it than you are. He is better off because of it, and so is our team.

And please, when you can show us evidence that a Hawkins, or a Peterson has ever been available to GT then do it. And then provide evidence that they could succeed any better with the current constraints that are being placed on our FB program by the administration and NCAA. Yeah, maybe they'd run a fancier offense that scored more points, but it is all about W's and L's and it is doubtful they would get any more out of it that CCG and staff have. Otherwise, please let that go.

Please find something else to bitch about, your beating these issues to death without the background or knowledge to back it up smacks of immaturity as well as ignorance.

techie, I'm sure if I called you an a$$hole you deserved it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

If you called me one, I'm sure I deserved it, too!

Thing is, and it just goes to show what a poor board it is, I have called statelinejacket every name in the book on line- sure I used euphrenisms like maternal fornicator and offspring of a female canine, but there was no doubt what I was saying and not only did peepad not suspend my account he let the posts ride without a warning or anything, even though the stated purpose of that board is "no holds barred GT talk without name-calling".

Oh, and just to be clear: stateline deserved it and does, and I'll tell it to his face as well. That font should NEVER be allowed on a Georgia Tech board.

Hey Chili:

[ QUOTE ]
That's hilarious, but definitely not true. The only other name I post with is JOJATK, but typically I only use that one on the hive. BOR also posts as CrackerJacket. Maybe that's where the confusion is.

Hopefully this cleared some things up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know CrackerJacket and BOR sir is NO CrackerJacket!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roflmao.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Re: Hey Chili:

[ QUOTE ]
I know CrackerJacket and BOR sir is NO CrackerJacket!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roflmao.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

CrackerJacket is my clipboard holder. That is probably why people get us confused. He gained some notoriety for being able to spot bandwagon fans from over the internet which still stands as his most original post ever if you don't count the several times he's actually managed to kiss 20 Oz Bulldog's ass from the comforts of his own home. I don't know CrackerJacket, but I can tell you with much certainty that I am thankful I am not him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biglaugha.gif

Petersen was never contaced by Gailey

so I don't know if he would come here or not. Petersen is a finalist for the Frank Broyles award for the top assistant in the country. Also, Hawkins is unbeaten this year with a new QB and RB and has the #2 offense in the country. I wish Gailey would start to harness all that QB knowledge and produce a QB that could break the top #90 in the country in the passing. If you want to believe in the wisdom of Gailey QB decisions that's fine. You can also believe in pixies and fairies because you would have a better chance of seeing them than Gailey developing a top-flight QB.
GEETEELEE, you shouldn't be too hard on Stateline. He said Pat Carter could learn more from his brother NFL receiver Tim Carter. Now, Bilbo says he became a better QB playing receiver.

Re: Petersen was never contaced by Gailey

I don't give a rip about Hawkins or Peterson. Neither is our coach and neither will be our coach at any point in the near future.

If they are such great coaches, why is LSU not gobbling one of them up?

I do know Espn and Chris Mortensen mentioned

Gailey as a top 5 Candidate for the job..Saban was by far the ONLY guy Their owner went after.....Just wondering why Oleary is never mentioned for an NFL HC job? Not even on Espn or any other sports shows....He did do a good job as an asst. at Minn. and I just wonder why no one ever mentions him nowhere for an Nfl HC job...

Re: Why didn\'t the Dolphins interview Gailey.

[ QUOTE ]
He was their OC before coming to Tech.

[/ QUOTE ]

For one thing, they know from experience he is a man of his word, and he gave his word he would be at Tech five years.

HE IS UNDER CONTRACT with GT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif

[ QUOTE ]
He was their OC before coming to Tech.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant!! I guess that means we need to can him immediately.

This is the type of stupid ass comment that doesn't even need to be made. Why make it? All you are doing is detracting from the man and the Program when this statement isn't even relevant. Why is that necessary at all?

You know, I wonder since you know so much about the "Hot" coaches in football if you were one of the people who were "really psyched" we got Bill Lewis in 1992. Afterall he went 11-1 at ECU AND was named Coach of the Year. Wish we had message boards back then to find out.

Gosh BOR don't you remember? You were one of the people and I believe the 1st who told me to get off this board and go to BO.

[ QUOTE ]
Gosh BOR don't you remember? You were one of the people and I believe the 1st who told me to get off this board and go to BO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well OldFoggy, if the shoe fits. You used to be a respectable poster. I gave you a lot of credit, and defended you from many because I believed that you had a right to vent your frustration. But by venting your frustration with our Coach you started to sling mud that was completely unnecessary. Thats when I told you you might as well go over to Buzzoff. Seems you have made somewhat of a home over there. You even tried to buddy up with Peepad to somehow "Prove" I am a liar. A little childish, don't you think?

But really, the fact that you defend guys like Peepad and STateline, says a LOT about you. Unfortunately, I think the majority of their comments and your comments about our coach has more to do with the type of person you are and they are, and less to do with our Coach. Or at least maybe it would explain your latest mood.

I hope that you may wake up and realize this, but if not, I'm not losing sleep over it. I used to enjoy your posts, but that was a long time ago.

Let me correct you, you did not say "might as well" you said and I'll paraphrase get over to BO! I did not sling mud until I was threatened, questions if I was dead, etc so get your facts straight. You are actually one of the ones who started the mud slinging, when one has mud put on his face he has a tendency to do the same. As for BO, I had posted overe there from time to time since that board was started. If you go over there you will see that I have posted over 200 times but that has been over (almost 2 years). Found a home? Because I like BeBad, SLJ, and maybe a few more personally thats makes me anti Tech? Seems to me you have a problem with your sensabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back