Tobias Oliver

From the same AJC write-up linked above, James Graham and Lucas Johnson both scored TDs with their legs in Saturday's scrimmage. Graham on a scramble and Johnson on an option keeper. FWIW

I fully expect our QB’s to be making plays with their legs A LOT in Year 1. New scheme for OL
will probably introduce some growing pains for whom ever is under center.

Given that our O-line is suspect and our QBs were recruited for their running ability, the QB scramble is going to be prominent next year. It will probably be more by necessity, than design.

I fully expect our QB’s to be making plays with their legs A LOT in Year 1. New scheme for OL
will probably introduce some growing pains for whom ever is under center.

Doesn't surprise me at all. I'm expecting a healthy dose of RPO, and heavy on the R. If I can get down to the spring game, my eyes are going to be on pass pro - if we can be decent there we'll have a chance.

I'm not at all sure our DL/LB is good enough to really test the pass pro. At least nothing like Clemson is going to do. I do like the idea of Lee on DL though. Getting Southers was key, gives us enough bodies to get creative.

Doesn't surprise me at all. I'm expecting a healthy dose of RPO, and heavy on the R. If I can get down to the spring game, my eyes are going to be on pass pro - if we can be decent there we'll have a chance.

I'm not at all sure our DL/LB is good enough to really test the pass pro. At least nothing like Clemson is going to do. I do like the idea of Lee on DL though. Getting Southers was key, gives us enough bodies to get creative.

I'm not sure how much insight you'll be able to gather on the pass protection in the spring game. The O-Line will be going against our D-Line...

Given that our O-line is suspect and our QBs were recruited for their running ability, the QB scramble is going to be prominent next year. It will probably be more by necessity, than design.

How do you figure our OL is still suspect? We dont have Sewak teaching "The Secrets of the Triple Option" from hieroglyphics chiseled on tablets.

Unlike in 2008, the OL is switching to something familiar to every defense, so our inexperience - and mistakes - will be exposed early and often. The odds are against us having a good OL in year 1. Same for QB.

Lucas has always looked less of a runner and more like a passer

Unlike in 2008, the OL is switching to something familiar to every defense, so our inexperience - and mistakes - will be exposed early and often. The odds are against us having a good OL in year 1. Same for QB.
Oh bullshit. We will be fine.

You need to update your terminology. "QB scramble" is now "Zone Read QB Keep".

You need to update your terminology. "QB scramble" is now "Zone Read QB Keep".

Starting from the gun rather than under center will give our guys some killer angles.

Back