Today... The New Jackets

I don’t really know this gets objectively measured. All I know is last class borderline top 25 and this one is somewhere not far behind. IIRC the last class was top 2 or 3, so I got to imagine this one is a top 5

With just the high school signees, 247Sports has it rated somewhere in the 40s.

With just the high school signees, 247Sports has it rated somewhere in the 40s.
Rated in the 40's. Where does that put us in the ACC? Doesn't appear that we are closing the gap that was predicted.

Rated in the 40's. Where does that put us in the ACC? Doesn't appear that we are closing the gap that was predicted.
Rating is low because we only have 17 players counting in the class. Class rankings are typically based on 20 players We are filling spots with transfers that don't get counted. If our transfers ratings counted, we'd be near or in top 20.

I'm not much of a recruiting savant, but place-kicker, please? Pretty please?

Surely we’ll have some PWOs to try or a transfer kicker. It amazes me how far behind other programs we seem to be in the place kicker department. This year we saw average high school level kicking at Tech.

Surely we’ll have some PWOs to try or a transfer kicker. It amazes me how far behind other programs we seem to be in the place kicker department. This year we saw average high school level kicking at Tech.

fwiw, the guy we probably had highest hopes for, Steven Verdisco, was apparently hurt all year. Stewart seemed to be making some strides toward the end of the year. I am very cautiously optimistic we might be okay there going forward. Emphasis on cautiously.

Rating is low because we only have 17 players counting in the class. Class rankings are typically based on 20 players We are filling spots with transfers that don't get counted. If our transfers ratings counted, we'd be near or in top 20.
And like @05GTCorndog pointed out one of those is a kicker which brings the average down

fwiw, the guy we probably had highest hopes for, Steven Verdisco, was apparently hurt all year. Stewart seemed to be making some strides toward the end of the year. I am very cautiously optimistic we might be okay there going forward. Emphasis on cautiously.

We will be ok moving forward. The freshmen OL from this season will be playing on the field goal team. Bigger bodies. It will come down to kicks and holds again.

His twitter said he tore his ACL Not sure of the timeline of injury, he didn't post any info on when, where, recovery, etc.

We will be ok moving forward. The freshmen OL from this season will be playing on the field goal team. Bigger bodies. It will come down to kicks and holds again.

Size wasn’t the problem. We looked like we never practiced.

Back