Todd says things are bright for GT football

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
If you say you use Chrome or anything else made by Google, fair warning, I'm going to find you.
Good. Come on. I'm one of those guys who doesn't give a öööö. Yea, I gotta camera on my laptop. Wut? You are watching me through my camera? Good.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
And if I can opt in for Google to keep tracking me, I will. I like having ads come up based on my browsing history.

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
So Basically AD TStan has all his chips on the Geoff Collins train.... which really means it does not matter what his record is he will get the fulll 7 year contract to get GT back to a bowl record... Hopefully We can get back to a bowl game this year!

The Jacket

The Coat
Good. Come on. I'm one of those guys who doesn't give a öööö. Yea, I gotta camera on my laptop. Wut? You are watching me through my camera? Good.
We say we want that, and most of the the time we do. Other times, though.

IM79

Flats Noob
So Basically AD TStan has all his chips on the Geoff Collins train.... which really means it does not matter what his record is he will get the fulll 7 year contract to get GT back to a bowl record... Hopefully We can get back to a bowl game this year!
IMHO, Todd went all in on Geoff the day they hired him. He will get at least five years if not the full 7 years.

And I think that's the right thing to do if you decide to go for the full teardown. To rebuild the recruiting base, you've got to give the recruits full confidence the coach will be there the entire time.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
GT has been a perfect experiment in P5 college football for decades now. Can a relatively small, narrowed focus school compete? GT has tried the full gambit of coaches- from NFL guys to true college guys, to throwbacks. We’ve tried recruiting nationally and ceding the state to trying to concentrate in state with little focus outside. Overall, we’ve been successful trying all the types with some inconsistency and down times along the way. TStan and Collins set GT on a path 2 years ago and I agree with that plan. If it works and we start to become a destination school for in state studs then GT could be a consistent player in the ACC. What I really like is while our focus is on in state players, we have the recruiting coaches like Choice and Key who can snag targeted guys from Cali, Texas, and Florida. I’m really enjoying the ride even though the wins have been few. But going thru two straight seasons with zero experience at QB will do that.

And I know many think I’m crazy when I say this but I’m telling you the UGA stuff is getting old to young people. While they win a lot of games and have the crazies barking in everyone’s faces, the games that everyone watches they struggle. I have no doubt that more and more players will give GT a look due to the luster coming off Kirby. But we gotta put some wins together. I think this year is critical to show progress. UGA will again walk thru the East to the SEC Champ game where they’ll lose again. We gotta give these 9th, 10th, and 11th graders a true alternative.

EagleSting

Damn Good Rat
Clear cookies and try again. What browser are you using?

Install this browser for clandestine browsing - but still use private mode for ajc

Last I heard, this browser is a fork of the Brave browser and contacts Brave and a number of other companies (Google, Doubleclick, Twitter, Cloudfare, and more) whenever the browser is open. Is this still accurate? In the meantime, I use hardened firefox, tweaked as per privacytools.io. I probably should be doing that with a virtual machine but can't seem to get in the habit.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
GT has been a perfect experiment in P5 college football for decades now. Can a relatively small, narrowed focus school compete? GT has tried the full gambit of coaches- from NFL guys to true college guys, to throwbacks. We’ve tried recruiting nationally and ceding the state to trying to concentrate in state with little focus outside. Overall, we’ve been successful trying all the types with some inconsistency and down times along the way. TStan and Collins set GT on a path 2 years ago and I agree with that plan. If it works and we start to become a destination school for in state studs then GT could be a consistent player in the ACC. What I really like is while our focus is on in state players, we have the recruiting coaches like Choice and Key who can snag targeted guys from Cali, Texas, and Florida. I’m really enjoying the ride even though the wins have been few. But going thru two straight seasons with zero experience at QB will do that.

And I know many think I’m crazy when I say this but I’m telling you the UGA stuff is getting old to young people. While they win a lot of games and have the crazies barking in everyone’s faces, the games that everyone watches they struggle. I have no doubt that more and more players will give GT a look due to the luster coming off Kirby. But we gotta put some wins together. I think this year is critical to show progress. UGA will again walk thru the East to the SEC Champ game where they’ll lose again. We gotta give these 9th, 10th, and 11th graders a true alternative.
The branding (including digital branding) is something that should have happened 10-15 years ago.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Last I heard, this browser is a fork of the Brave browser and contacts Brave and a number of other companies (Google, Doubleclick, Twitter, Cloudfare, and more) whenever the browser is open. Is this still accurate? In the meantime, I use hardened firefox, tweaked as per privacytools.io. I probably should be doing that with a virtual machine but can't seem to get in the habit.
Doesn't seem like it would contact anybody. Gab and Brave are mortal enemies, and Google and Apple have pretty much banned Gab (the creator of Dissenter).

This article seems relatively objective.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
The branding (including digital branding) is something that should have happened 10-15 years ago.
We have quite a few posters on here that are offended we are branding at all. That means we have boosters that are offended we are branding at all.

About 12-15 years ago we started branding, and we changed courses away from it as a program. I think the community's mindset was not ready then and is barely ready now. But I think we should have branded a long long time ago. More important for us than for certain others.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
We have quite a few posters on here that are offended we are branding at all. That means we have boosters that are offended we are branding at all.

About 12-15 years ago we started branding, and we changed courses away from it as a program. I think the community's mindset was not ready then and is barely ready now. But I think we should have branded a long long time ago. More important for us than for certain others.
Which is crazy because our current branding includes our rich football history and traditions.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein

We absolutely tried branding earlier on with the triple option. It certainly ran through the 2010 season. It pretty much stopped when DRad left and didn’t restart until Collins got here.

EagleSting

Damn Good Rat
Doesn't seem like it would contact anybody. Gab and Brave are mortal enemies, and Google and Apple have pretty much banned Gab (the creator of Dissenter).

This article seems relatively objective.
That's definitely more recent and relevant information than I had. I consider myself a "privacy enthusiast" for lack of a better word, but I am not on the forefront. I'm always learning. I will look into this - thanks for sharing.