Tony Hollis

GSUJACKET

Varsity Lurker
Some of you may know that I am working on my MBA. Last night in class we got off on a tangent, about education, one of my classmates said, “my cousin just quit going to class, because he was convinced that he was going to play pro ball. We begged him to go to class that he may not have that option, and he needs his degree. I know we are right but it looks to him like we were wrong because he has just been drafted.”
I jokingly said "your cousin is not Tony Hollis is he," and he said "yes!, how did your figure it out?"

After class I talked to him further, and asked him point blank, do you think it is the systems fault, CG’s fault or Tony’s. He said it is not the coach’s fault, Tony quit!

I’m not bashing Tony, according to his cousin he was told by a pro scout after the second game last season that he could go pro now! After the injury he was determined to get back in shape and go pro.

Many of you my already know this information, I’m sure some of you will tell me that I am wrong. I’m just reporting the information that I have gathered
smile.gif

ahh..the beauty of the internet.

Well, I was talking to Chan's friend's daughter's manicurist of whom I'm very good friend's with and she said Tony knew he was going pro and that is why he didn't care about college any longer. I, too, asked if it was CG's fault or someone elses, and she said it was the fault of the all of the construction noise at the stadium.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Why would you want to bash this poster for adding information to the board?

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Information? You must be joking. That was nothing more than unsubstantiated rumor. In a court of law it would be called "heresay" and unadmissable. As in "not factual".

No offense to GSUJACKET at all (although he could have at least spelled his name right). I have no reason to believe that he is not telling the truth, but lets call it what it really is. Information it is not, no matter how plausible it sounds.

What "bashing spree" do you speak of? I saw nothing more than a valid post by GeeTee. His "post" has as much truth to it as GSUJACKET, unless GSUJACKET can provide solid proof here.

Originally posted by BEESerk:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Why would you want to bash this poster for adding information to the board?

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Information? You must be joking. That was nothing more than unsubstantiated rumor. In a court of law it would be called "heresay" and unadmissable. As in "not factual".

No offense to GSUJACKET at all (although he could have at least spelled his name right). I have no reason to believe that he is not telling the truth, but lets call it what it really is. Information it is not, no matter how plausible it sounds.

What "bashing spree" do you speak of? I saw nothing more than a valid post by GeeTee. His "post" has as much truth to it as GSUJACKET, unless GSUJACKET can provide solid proof here.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beeserk you are right. But since when did Internet Message boards live to the standards of a court of law? They never have. Rumors are have the fun of them.

As I mentioned a while back, Hollings was 'cooked' in Dec & through @ Tech, never to come back. Yet no announcement was made by our Athletic Dept, any Director, nor any Coach, that Hollings was done. The announcement came at the end of Spring when others had bombed out at the end of that Semester.
Our coaches knew in early Dec that Hollings wasn't coming back. They knew we'd be shorthanded @ RB, but only took 1 recruit.
Gailey continued to say all during Spring practice that it appeared Hollings would be back with the team in time for Fall practice & @ 100%.
How much 'wool' does everyone in the Athletic Dept think they can pull over the GT fans' eyes before we catch on? Deceptive practices everywhere u look. Thank goodness some have been 'weeded' out & others may be near 'weeding' time.

Well, well Beserk is back to embarassing himself again with crude tirades.

This is not a court of law. It is a board to discuss topics interesting to Tech fans. This was definitely information.

GSUJacket never stated it was intended to be a verified document placed on the board. He merely relayed the information he heard to the board in case any of the board members were interested.

I found it rather interesting. Thanks for the information GSU.

If you have no reason to believe he is not telling the truth, then what is your problem? If everyone on this board, including you, had to provide court documented evidence of every thing said on this board, it would have to shut down.

GSU was providing information for those interested. If GeeTee is not interested, great, I have no problem with that. If you are not interested, great, I have no problem with that.

GSU's post was one of providing information pure and simple. GeeTee's post was one of derision, trying to make GSU's post sound rediculous.

Since this is an open board and anyone can post what they like, GeeTee provided derision to a perfectly honest post.

I derided GeeTee for his derision, which is my prerogative on the board.

By the way, my opinion is it will be helpful to GeeTee in the long run to take my advice and critique his previous posts. However, we know he can ignore the suggestion if he so desires.

And if you really believe GeeTee's post contained as much truth as GSU's post, you have serious problems.

I understand your problem. You have lost every argument you have started with me. I hurts your ego so much, you can't stand it. You keep looking for posts of mine where you think you can make me look bad or silly. You are only hurting yourself.

When you find yourself in a hole, the best thing to do is quit digging.

Sheesh!

Father Time

Originally posted by GT Ace:
As I mentioned a while back, Hollings was 'cooked' in Dec & through @ Tech, never to come back. Yet no announcement was made by our Athletic Dept, any Director, nor any Coach, that Hollings was done. The announcement came at the end of Spring when others had bombed out at the end of that Semester.
Our coaches knew in early Dec that Hollings wasn't coming back. They knew we'd be shorthanded @ RB, but only took 1 recruit.
Gailey continued to say all during Spring practice that it appeared Hollings would be back with the team in time for Fall practice & @ 100%.
How much 'wool' does everyone in the Athletic Dept think they can pull over the GT fans' eyes before we catch on? Deceptive practices everywhere u look. Thank goodness some have been 'weeded' out & others may be near 'weeding' time.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gailey also worked in Dallas, where there is a grassy knoll....

GeeTee, take a close look at many of the other bashers on Stingtalk and observe if you see anything in common with yourself. If you don't agree with them, you could possibly just threaten them and beat them up, or maybe have Coleman Rudolph beat them up for you.

If they cannot provide any proof or anything intellectual, they go off on a bashing spree. Did your bashing spree in this thread sound intelletual, prove, or disprove the original post?

In fact look at all your posts and critique them. See if you have actually added anything intellectual, proven a point with facts, disproved a point with facts, or added helpful information. Why would you want to bash this poster for adding information to the board?

Father Time

Originally posted by ahsoisee:

And if you really believe GeeTee's post contained as much truth as GSU's post, you have serious problems.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well..... then prove it. I would LOVE for you to prove to me that GSUJACKET has more truth in his statements. Proving another statement wrong does not prove your statement true. As you like to say, "where are the facts?"

1)Provide a single fact that proves GSUJACKET actually talked to Tony's Cousin.

2)Provide a single fact that proves said person was Tony's cousin.

3)Provide a single fact that a Pro scout told Tony such a thing after the second game.

4)Provide a single fact that Tony "quit" after the injury.

If you truly believe that GSUJACKET is speaking more of "the truth"... Then WHY did Gailey say that Hollings was still in school during the spring??????

Was Gailey lying? Or did Gailey believe that Tony was still in school, going to class, and making passing grades? It MUST be one or the other. Otherwise "tony's cousin" is lying at the very least, and GSUJACKET is spreading rumors at the very most.

Uh oh! BEESerk just popped a hole in Ahso's logic.
hitit.gif

Go ahead and put another notch in your belt Ahso. You clearly won this battle of logic and wits. I don't understand why I subject myself to such humiliation from you. I bow down at your superiority.

Thanks for the post GSUJACKET! Ignore Geetee, he is just mad because you didn't say it was Gailey's fault
drinking.gif

Berserk:

You said yourself, you had no reason to believe he was not telling the truth.

If you polled everyone on the board and asked them if they thought GSU was telling the story as it took place, I think there would be few who doubts the conversations took place.

Do you really think GeeTee was telling the truth about an actual story? If so, then I can see where you might have a case to compare the two stories as having equal weight. If not, you are so far off base, it is rediculous.

Again, if you learn how to read, you should easily understand, I stated this was not a board where you have to have affidavits to prove every word you post. If so, we would not be having this discussion.

I made it very clear about not having to produce evidence or affidavits that the material is true or false. It does make a difference if it is believable or not to the reader's of the posts.

Yes, I am extremely confident most of the board members consider's the credibility of the story told by GSUJacket as opposed to the story told by GeeTee. I am convinced most posters realize GeeTee was making fun of GSU's post and information.

As I said earlier, if you don't see this, you have a serious problem.

I really am not trying to prove if Gailey was lying, that the person in the class was lying, or that GSU was lying.

I was merely taking the information as presented. It is up to me as to whether I believe it or not. It is up to each individual person on the board as to whether they believe it or not. It was information pure and simple.

It is up to me whether I think GeeTee's post was believable or not. It is up to the member's of the board as to whether they think GeeTee's post was believable or not.

I really could care less about whether you think you are one-up one me or not. Your opinion of me is the least concern I have in this world.

NOw if it makes you feel good to blow a hole in my logic, be my guest. Whatever strokes your ego is fine with me.

If I don't wear a belt, I would have to put a notch in some suspenders. They would not last long with all the notches I have garnered from you. If I did that, my pants would fall off.

Your last statement makes a lot of sense, "I don't know why I subject myself to such humiliation from you?".

Keep Digging.

grin.gif

I apologize for misspelling his name, I work full time, go to class until 10pm & I have been up to 1 am every night preparing for a final, it was an honest mistake.

I cannot prove that my classmate is Tony’s cousin I can only tell you what he told me, if he did not seem credible I would not have reported it. The very fact that in the conversation in class he did not say his cousin’s name but only when I asked him after class lends to his credibility IMHO. You are right it would not stand up in a court of law, it is hearsay, but this isn’t a court of law.

It is interesting to see how people responded to my post based on how they feel about CG

Just for the record, I’m not a Focer, I’m more in line with Ahso- I want TECH to succeed no matter who is coaching. There are some of you who will be disappointed if Tech has a winning season this year, and that is sad….

rolleyes.gif

First of all ahsoisee, it is ridiculous...not rediculous. Secondly, get a sense of humor or something. My post was meant to be light hearted...hence, the construction noise reference. good grief.

You choose to believe something you read from a poster whom you don't know about a player you probably don't know about a situation you can only speculate about. That is your choice. No reason to not believe the original poster's comments. Then again, no reason to believe them either.

rolleyes.gif

thanks for the "learning tool". Lesson learned: Never make a joke or say anything negative about Gailey...or else face the Learning Tool Review Board chaired by ahsoisee.

I don't recall ever belittling any poster. I guess in your eyes I did in this thread with GSU, but once again it was meant to be humorous. You percieved it as me "bashing" him. If HE perceived it that way, let him him respond to me vs you. GSUJacket even said himself later in the messages that he couldn't prove him to be his cousin, but he seemed credible. Hence, the joke I made about a manicurist and construction noise.

As for changing my perspective on Gailey? Forget about that until he proves worthy of the admiration and positive views you want to bestow upon him. I am very concerned about the direction of our program under his leadership. You don't feel that way. We both have our opinions, and I offer YOU that as a learning tool. That, and to get a sense of humor.
smile.gif

GeeTee,

I have just pulled up all your posts on Stingtalk and reviewed each one of them.

At one time, you were defending Gailey against BeeWare and some others. You were using pretty good logic up to a certain point in time.

All of a sudden, you turned on him and started berating him and those who thought he needed more time. It seems you had suddenly gotten caught up in the flood waters of the fire Gailey group.

After you started berating him, you stated, "you never wanted him from the start". You had not made that known while you were defending his actions during the season.

After your turn-around, just about every post was berating Gailey and Braine. It was the same old thing over and over, somewhat like BeeWare.

Yes, it would do you good to go back and review all your posts.

I made a suggestion to help you, and you proceeded to pooh pooh the suggestion and make fun of it. Fine, you are the loser for not wanting to look introspectively at your posts.

When you post on an open board, you are also open to comments from anyone on the board, although you may be responding to one post or poster. I had just as much right to respond to your post as GSU.

Berserk had just as much right to respond to my post as I had to your post. However, each person is responsible for his own posts. You may debate a post or a response to your post, or ignore it, but it is also there for everyone else to consider.

It becomes difficult to determine jokes from dissing when you have constantly and consistently dissed Gailey since midway through your entry to Stingtalk.

I have not, nor will I try to persuade any poster to like or dislike Gailey. Pesonally, it does not matter to me.

I do care that he or any other coach at Tech gets a fair shot at success. I will produce facts to offset false statements by those who do not want him to have the opportunity to coach this year and have his own chance to succeed.

You somehow make up things in your mind that you must think are true. I don't know where you get these ideas. I have not stated anywhere that I admire Gailey or his coaching abilities at Tech. What positive views have I bestowed upon him.?

This is one of the areas I am talking about. Go find one statement to back your false claims.

I have stated he came to Tech with the best credentials of any new coach. That is fact, it has nothing to do with my view of his abilities. You don't even know my thoughts about his abilities.

I did say he won as many games in his first year 7-6 as O'Leary did in his last 13 games, 7-6. Is that not true? Did anything there state my view of how I thought he would do at Tech? No. It was only facts and data.

You said you were very concerned about the direction of our program under his leadership. Then you said I don't feel that way. How do you know how I feel about his leadership? You don't

The only thing I have said is, "I will wait until after this season is over and then render my thoughts on his chances of failure or success at Tech. You really don't have all your facts together.

By the way, I have a terrific sense of humor, but as I said earlier, what is the difference between your humor and your dissing?

As far as learning goes, I learn from the board every day. I hope I never cease to learn. I am not ashamed to learn. I love wisdom.

Father Time

"Pesonally (sic), it does not matter to me". Yea, right. I guess that is why you took soooo much time to go back and review all my posts. lol!

I've never been shy about about stating my opinion on Gailey or the direction our program is heading under his guidance.

Defend him all you want...because THEN I'll go back and review all YOUR posts about him when we're in the middle of a poor season and your attitude changes. Hope I'm wrong and don't have to do that bc that'd mean we're doing ok, but...

Originally posted by GeeTee:
[QB Hope I'm wrong
[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">HA HA, good one GeeTee! "Hope I'm wrong"!!

A dang knee-slapper!!

ahso.. reading your posts on this thread, you remind me of my dad when he hasn't taken a crap in a few days... I'd suggest metamucil or if laxatives don't work then an enema... if your state of mind persists I'd recommend a colonic...

smile.gif

Back