Votes: 28 11.8%

Votes: 49 20.7%

Votes: 88 37.1%

Votes: 28 11.8%
  • 1 or less

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
I predict 4.

Didn't make me happy to predict such a dire outcome. To all the posters who want us back in the SEC, do you really want to be Vanderbilt?

I was in the stands in 1981/1982 so I understand the lows. The landscape has changed so much that I can't really compare the two. But it seems to me that closing the gap is a lot harder then it used to be - this is not an accident - it is an intentional structural shift authored by the "big" programs.

Not sure where else to mention this but it does strike me as odd that GT is supposed to have all the millionaires but we are getting smoked by our enemy in Athens that, according to our narrative, should not have anything close to the financial resources that we do.

Perhaps the paradigm has permanently shifted. Seems like it has.

Last edited:
i went with 3 just based on previous results predicting future outcomes. if we had cleaned out the defensive staff along with offensive then i might couldve said 5-6. defense is a major concern (understatement).

So we're keeping track, we've lost:
- Best RB
- Best WR
- 3 OL starters
- Best DE
- Starting DT
- Best LB
- 3 DB starters

Do what you will with that information.
I think you need to put "from a 3 win team" after each bullet to provide context aroud the actual value of any of these players.

So we're keeping track, we've lost:
- Best RB
- Best WR
- 3 OL starters
- Best DE
- Starting DT
- Best LB
- 3 DB starters

Do what you will with that information.
Ehh... not quite:

- Best RB - I'll give you this one, but we still have plenty talented RBs
- Best WR - Malachi Carter led the team in receptions and yards, and he is coming back
- 3 OL starters - OL has been worst unit of the team, losing starters doesn't necessarily mean much, plus we have 2 transfers coming in with experience.
- Best DE - Ivey is a loss but only from a depth stand point. Keion White projects to be better, and we still have Domineck who had better stats.
- Starting DT - Griffin may have started some in the past, but he wasn't even ATL for a couple games last year. He would not be starting next year.
- Best LB - Quez will be missed but we have Meiguez (and Franks) back, and now Tatum has a year under his belt. Kyle Efford's body appears P5 ready, we'll see how he adjusts to the college game. New position coach also.
- 3 DB starters - Arguably another one of the worst units of the team the past couple years. Not sure losing guys here means much and we have new coaching at that position also.

Back