Votes: 49 20.7%

Votes: 88 37.1%

Votes: 28 11.8%
  • 1 or less

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
Ehh... not quite:

- Best RB - I'll give you this one, but we still have plenty talented RBs
- Best WR - Malachi Carter led the team in receptions and yards, and he is coming back
- 3 OL starters - OL has been worst unit of the team, losing starters doesn't necessarily mean much, plus we have 2 transfers coming in with experience.
- Best DE - Ivey is a loss but only from a depth stand point. Keion White projects to be better, and we still have Domineck who had better stats.
- Starting DT - Griffin may have started some in the past, but he wasn't even ATL for a couple games last year. He would not be starting next year.
- Best LB - Quez will be missed but we have Meiguez (and Franks) back, and now Tatum has a year under his belt. Kyle Efford's body appears P5 ready, we'll see how he adjusts to the college game. New position coach also.
- 3 DB starters - Arguably another one of the worst units of the team the past couple years. Not sure losing guys here means much and we have new coaching at that position also.
You say not quite (denial) and then rationalize (bargain). The big guy wearing 0 was the DT I was referring to. You might be right about WR, but we're still losing a major contributor there. Everything else is speculation that someone who hasn't played (but is eligible to play) is somehow going to magically be an improvement. Don't get your hopes up for risk of the remaining stages of grief.

Last edited:
You say not quite and then rationalize. The big guy wearing 0 was the DT I was referring to. You might be right about WR, but we're still losing a major contributor there. Everything else is speculation that someone who hasn't played (but is eligible to play) is somehow going to magically be an improvement. Don't get your hopes up.
Sorry, forgot about Brooks on DL. We have 2 4 star kids coming in there also with good size. I'm not necessarily getting my hopes up, but as someone else said, all these things we are losing were still only a 3 win team, so maybe change will be good. We have personnel and leadership changes so we should at least expect a difference.

Sorry, forgot about Brooks on DL. We have 2 4 star kids coming in there also with good size. I'm not necessarily getting my hopes up, but as someone else said, all these things we are losing were still only a 3 win team, so maybe change will be good. We have personnel and leadership changes so we should at least expect a difference.
I ninja edited on you so you understand I'm just trying to shortcut the grief process to acceptance.

So we're keeping track, we've lost:
- Best RB
- Best WR
- 3 OL starters
- Best DE
- Starting DT
- Best LB
- 3 DB starters

Do what you will with that information.
Don't be a Debbie Downer. You didn't list all that we have returning!

- Our best QB
- 2 OL starters
- Our best punter
- Incoming recruiting class
- Incoming portal transfers
- OL coach
- D Coordinator
- Head Coach
- Best overall position coach and recuiter . . . uh, scratch that

not to mention . . .

- Kewl Invesco TV ads!!!
- Money Down
- ATL
- Juice!
- Waffle House
- State of the A . . . well, relatively new, anyway, artificial turf
- Blue Unis
- Possibly Blue Helmets
- a packed stadium
- A major city full of fans of our team
- a huge budget

- No Mickey Mouse high school offense
- the weakest conference opponents in P5
- GoGATech to put on his rose colored glasses and tell us how we didn't really lose anyone any good except he'll "give you" (grudgingly?) Gibbs, and the guys who remain are going to be ööööing spectacular in 2022!

With all that . . . how could we lose?

@Bob Benson is taking all bets and giving an Over/Under of 7.5 wins. Be sure you PM your predicted win total and the amount you want to bet to him so he can pay the right people at the end of the season.

This pole should be public.
Pole? It gets easier to spot the actual Tech grads here all the time - they spell like engineers.

Anyhow, I have a "yuge" public pole for you right here. Oh, and I voted "4."

Voting for seven wins. Patenaude leaving is worth four wins alone.
I think we got a good upgrade on the offensive coaching staff.
The restructuring on the defensive staff can't hurt and Tillman is a big upgrade.
It can't be horrible forever.
GO JACKETS!!!!

Sadly 4.

lose some close ones and show sighs we’re about to turn the corner but crap like missed FG, penalties and turnovers cost us a few games.

crap like “if it wasn’t for that roughing the passer call on 4th and 11 we would have won that game”

I didn't want to create a new thread for this, so this is as good a thread as any, I guess. I just heard that we lost general manager Patrick Suddes to UNC. I don’t know if that is significant or not, but it looks like he never stays anywhere more than a few years, usually only 1 or 2. His longest stint was at Bama from 2007 to 2013

There are some known consistencies in the program with CGC. Money down, hype, and fans not being able to see progress. But the most consistent thing of all is 3 wins. Such an obvious prediction.

One…two…five! Three sir!

Three!

1643935184920.gif

/

I went with a spiteful 4 win total. Still terrible, but “shows improvement” because like UVA missed 5 FG to give us a win we didn’t earn or something.

JRjr

Pole? It gets easier to spot the actual Tech grads here all the time - they spell like engineers.

Anyhow, I have a "yuge" public pole for you right here. Oh, and I voted "4."

Which word did I misspell? And you need to learn your Stingtalk memes.

6. We are winning 6. If we win less, I won’t care that I was wrong. I’ll only care whether or not CGC still has a job. But 6 wins is doable.

Just curious ... what are your six most likely candidates among the schedule for a win?

Back