Votes: 24 10.1%

Votes: 28 11.8%

Votes: 49 20.7%

Votes: 88 37.1%

Votes: 28 11.8%
  • 1 or less

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
Don't be a Debbie Downer. You didn't list all that we have returning!

- Our best QB
- 2 OL starters
- Our best punter
- Incoming recruiting class
- Incoming portal transfers
- OL coach
- D Coordinator
- Head Coach
- Best overall position coach and recuiter . . . uh, scratch that

not to mention . . .

- Kewl Invesco TV ads!!!
- Money Down
- ATL
- Juice!
- Waffle House
- State of the A . . . well, relatively new, anyway, artificial turf
- Blue Unis
- Possibly Blue Helmets
- a packed stadium
- A major city full of fans of our team
- a huge budget

- No Mickey Mouse high school offense
- the weakest conference opponents in P5
- GoGATech to put on his rose colored glasses and tell us how we didn't really lose anyone any good except he'll "give you" (grudgingly?) Gibbs, and the guys who remain are going to be ööööing spectacular in 2022!

With all that . . . how could we lose?
Only thing we’re missing is Bill Lewis as our new Co-Athletic Director

How many wins gets Collins an extension?

Let's be clear about what an "Extension" means.

Collins is not getting a contract "extension" after 2022 or Stansbury is insane and derelict in his duties... if he tries, the board would not approve it. Collins is under contract for four more seasons through the end of 2025 . There's no reason to talk "extension" until after year five, after 2023 is in the books, no matter what happens in 2022. I don't think it goes on that long anyway so it's a moot point.

As for "Retention", there might be some conversation of retaining him if he pulls off 7 wins in 2022. The money guys explicitly said that the rebuild is over, and after four years, if he only can win 5 or 6 that is basically who he is as a coach and it isn't good enough. 8 wins was the gauntlet thrown down at the time. Garrett is the one who addressed the Collins situation publicly, and Zelnak said Garrett is well-connected with other boosters and knows what he's talking about. 7 will give him some wiggle room. I don't think 6 will do it.

And as Brother Maynard read from the Book of Armaments about the Holy Hand Grenade, "Five is right out".

5-7 is possible with some breaks, but I think the most likely outcome is 4-8.

Something something, same experiment, different results, definition of insanity.

3 is the answer, and if you can't see the improvement despite that, then you're part of the problem.

I predict 4.

Didn't make me happy to predict such a dire outcome. To all the posters who want us back in the SEC, do you really want to be Vanderbilt?

I was in the stands in 1981/1982 so I understand the lows. The landscape has changed so much that I can't really compare the two. But it seems to me that closing the gap is a lot harder then it used to be - this is not an accident - it is an intentional structural shift authored by the "big" programs.

Not sure where else to mention this but it does strike me as odd that GT is supposed to have all the millionaires but we are getting smoked by our enemy in Athens that, according to our narrative, should not have anything close to the financial resources that we do.

Perhaps the paradigm has permanently shifted. Seems like it has.
When players are paid and can transfer without penalty (called free agency) that’s not college football.

I don’t see Georgia Tech winning more than 3, and 3 is generous. It is going to be hard to retain Coach Collins after another long losing season!
Unfortunately it looks to me like the 'rebuild' starts this year. More confusion and trying to find a winning identity. Maybe some general improvement but still just a beginning. 3 or 4 wins if we're lucky. Collins' swan song.

3 wins will make most GT fans angry.

So will any amount that keeps him here. The PJ Fan Club will implode if he stays another year :lol2:

3 wins will make most GT fans angry.

So will any amount that keeps him here. The PJ Fan Club will implode if he stays another year :lol2:

I disagree that frustration with Collins is nothing more than being a CPJ fan. It has to do with three straight losing seasons and some truly epic margin of defeat losses as well as two losses in games that should have been easy wins. At the end of year three it has to do with key players leaving, the staff having to rebuild, and a good recruiting class declining at the end of the cycle. This simply does not engender hope and enthusiasm.

I cannot imagine any Tech fans wanting to fire Collins if he goes 7-5 next year. With only a few rare exceptions, fans simply want Georgia Tech to win and be successful. The number of wins it takes to make some happy varies. I am actually on the lower end - winning seasons keeps me pretty happy, although of course you want to keep striving to win every game and championships.

Collins’ defenders need to stop deflecting criticism with attributing it to Paul Johnson love. It is about performance on the field, pure and simple. CPJ is gone and has been for more than three years now. We all want Collins to succeed as long as he remains the head coach. But, accountability for on the field results determines the overall mood of the fan base.

I disagree that frustration with Collins is nothing more than being a CPJ fan.

So do I. Thus my "3 wins will make most GT fans angry.". I'm not a PJ fan and not a fan of CGC either at this point. We win 3 this year and he needs to be fired.

I literally see no one defending Collins anymore so this continued line of "Collins defenders need to stop blahblahblah" is weird. I don't think CGC has any defenders at this point.

Re: "I cannot imagine any Tech fans wanting to fire Collins if he goes 7-5 next year." - the PJ Fan Club won't ever be happy unless they get another TO guy in place. They cannot let go of the past.

I disagree that frustration with Collins is nothing more than being a CPJ fan. It has to do with three straight losing seasons and some truly epic margin of defeat losses as well as two losses in games that should have been easy wins. At the end of year three it has to do with key players leaving, the staff having to rebuild, and a good recruiting class declining at the end of the cycle. This simply does not engender hope and enthusiasm.

I cannot imagine any Tech fans wanting to fire Collins if he goes 7-5 next year. With only a few rare exceptions, fans simply want Georgia Tech to win and be successful. The number of wins it takes to make some happy varies. I am actually on the lower end - winning seasons keeps me pretty happy, although of course you want to keep striving to win every game and championships.

Collins’ defenders need to stop deflecting criticism with attributing it to Paul Johnson love. It is about performance on the field, pure and simple. CPJ is gone and has been for more than three years now. We all want Collins to succeed as long as he remains the head coach. But, accountability for on the field results determines the overall mood of the fan base.

I could imagine and could be one. It depends on how mediocre of a 7-5 record it is. Mediocre might not be enough for the culmination of 4 years in and 3 bad years, but it really won't be a question of it Collins gets fired for that it will be a question of if Stansbury is fired for that.

So, are those of us wanting more than 3 wins a year, just CPJ fans or TO fans? We know that the NCAA has crippled the TO with rules changes over the last few years. So, going back to it doesn't seem to be an option. What's so wrong with wanting to win more than 3 games a year? If I'm suffering from some kind of psychological malady for wanting this, then I need to know. I thought the people who were upset with CPJ, even when we were winning some, were just wanting to win more games. But now, I'm so confused.

Back to the topic at hand, I think that the new coaches are focused on winning. It's pretty obvious that winning 3 games a year actually hurts recruiting. I mean, who knew? But now, the science seems to suggest that this is true.

Okay, I fat-fingered the post button, and violated the 5-minute edit rule, so here's the rest of my above post:

So, I think the team will improve, but the schedule is tough. We will have a new scheme, which will be somewhat of an advantage. Our new OC will do what he has to make it work with the personnel he has, I believe. I think our scheme for the last 3 years has been based on the players we wanted to recruit. I think we'll win 5, but I hope, and will cheerfully accept, more.

Back