Votes: 24 10.1%

Votes: 28 11.8%

Votes: 49 20.7%

Votes: 88 37.1%

Votes: 28 11.8%
  • 1 or less

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
Now 82.9% believe we will have a losing season. That is really bad for a coach heading into season four. When you add in the 6-6 voters you see 93% believe we will have a non-winning season. Pretty bad.

I didn't want to create a new thread for this, so this is as good a thread as any, I guess. I just heard that we lost general manager Patrick Suddes to UNC. I don’t know if that is significant or not, but it looks like he never stays anywhere more than a few years, usually only 1 or 2. His longest stint was at Bama from 2007 to 2013

6 years at Bama. That would be almost almost 90 wins. 90 wins per year divided by 3 wins = 30 years.
By our win standard that was almost a full career in Tuscaloosa.
You can only dream about that

Now 82.9% believe we will have a losing season. That is really bad for a coach heading into season four. When you add in the 6-6 voters you see 93% believe we will have a non-winning season. Pretty bad.
And we're Tech FANS! Just imagine what the average person outside Tech thinks. Any wonder why we can't sell tickets, especially to sidewalk fans we're trying to develop.

And we're Tech FANS! Just imagine what the average person outside Tech thinks. Any wonder why we can't sell tickets, especially to sidewalk fans we're trying to develop.
You are spot on! I am a long time sidewalk fan. As a young teenager, sold programs at Grant Field so that I could get in to see the games. First game was 1966 against Penn State. It is just not enjoyable any longer watching what we have put on the field for the last 3 years and the circus that surrounds it.

You are spot on! I am a long time sidewalk fan. As a young teenager, sold programs at Grant Field so that I could get in to see the games. First game was 1966 against Penn State. It is just not enjoyable any longer watching what we have put on the field for the last 3 years and the circus that surrounds it.
Get used to the circus that surrounds it. That is the new norm in college football.

Get used to the circus that surrounds it. That is the new norm in college football.
Afraid you are right and part of why I'm out. Winning might change that but probably not going to have to worry about for some time on North Avenue.

It might be the case that somebody who doesn’t follow us that closely would pick a higher win total under the impression that there’s no way we can stay that bad for that long. “GT is usually decent, they’ll probably win 6” versus “GT lost some good coaches and players and kept some bad coaches, we’ll probably win 3 again.”

JRjr

Somebody in marketing has everyone convinced the circus surrounding it will draw in new fans (with no mention of running off the old fans). Our problem is we also have the circus on the sidelines & field. The Juice/Excuse Crew are entertained by it; so the marketers aren't completely wrong.

I think we can get to 7 wins this year; but I am basing that off competent play of the OL even though CBK is still here. I think we'll also notice a slightly improved defense. 7 wins gets us to the Juice/Excuse Crew smucks claiming 'I told you so' about the CPJ roster.

Last edited:
Somebody in marketing has everyone convinced the circus surrounding it will draw in new fans (with no mention of running off the old fans). Our problem is we also have the circus on the sidelines & field. The Juice/Excuse Crew are entertained by it; so the marketers aren't completely wrong.

I think we can get to 7 wins this year; but I am basing that off competent play of the OL even though CBK is still here. I think we'll also notice a slightly improved defense. 7 wins gets us to the Juice/Excuse Crew smucks claiming 'I told you so' about the CPJ roster.
I don’t remember which team it was, but I saw a juice crew in the sidelines of an NFL game this year too. It’s increasing in popularity. Tech’s “old fans” are dying off. We have to attract the new fans somehow.

I don’t remember which team it was, but I saw a juice crew in the sidelines of an NFL game this year too. It’s increasing in popularity. Tech’s “old fans” are dying off. We have to attract the new fans somehow.

I was referring to the juice/excuse crew on this board; but maybe, just maybe, we should try to attract fans by putting a winning team on the field for a few years. I don't mind the flashing lights and whatever; but you need to win too.

I was referring to the juice/excuse crew on this board; but maybe, just maybe, we should try to attract fans by putting a winning team on the field for a few years. I don't mind the flashing lights and whatever; but you need to win too.
Gotcha. No argument from me. It’s going to take wins for sure, but I do think the modernization of our marketing has been good to attract newer fans - just have to win to keep them.

Gotcha. No argument from me. It’s going to take wins for sure, but I do think the modernization of our marketing has been good to attract newer fans - just have to win to keep them.

Agreed. The multi-media/social media presence plus the modernization modifications in the stadium are for the most part positive (maybe a little over done at times).

I want a redo. I thought everyone who was leaving had already left, now I'm wondering who will be left??

Back