Top 25

tenor.gif

I'd rather be just outside the top 25, than #25, and let the boys have an attitude of let's continue to build and prove it. Play with an edge to start the season.

Could by way off their though. We played with a chip on our shoulders after the Bowling Green debacle. Love to keep that going.

I'd rather be just outside the top 25, than #25, and let the boys have an attitude of let's continue to build and prove it. Play with an edge to start the season.

Could by way off their though. We played with a chip on our shoulders after the Bowling Green debacle. Love to keep that going.
I'd rather be ranked top 10 and get a good bowl by maintaining instead of giving bowl committees an excuse to send GT to a ööööty bowl.

I'd rather be ranked top 10 and get a good bowl by maintaining instead of giving bowl committees an excuse to send GT to a ööööty bowl.

Well a Top 10 finish now puts you in the playoff. Won't be shafted in that case.

Touche. But in that case we wouldn't be in the Top 12.
We could be in the top 12 in every poll, but the playoff assholes could rank is 13, I guess. I still call that top 13.

We could be in the top 12 in every poll, but the playoff assholes could rank is 13, I guess. I still call that top 13.

Will definitely be wild to see all of the bitching about who shows up in the spots from 9 to 15 or so next season.

Guys, I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves. Let's talk playoff in 2025...

Well, keep building and playing with a chip on our shoulder and I don't see why we can't have that. Tech can have nice things too!

Unless a player gets hurt.
Hmmmmm... So what if a team in the ACC gets in the Playoff, then a walk-on long-snapper falls off a moped and bangs his knee on the ground and gets a scrape the next day? Is there a provision to call a special session of the Super Secret Coven to decide which SEC team will replace them?

Hmmmmm... So what if a team in the ACC gets in the Playoff, then a walk-on long-snapper falls off a moped and bangs his knee on the ground and gets a scrape the next day? Is there a provision to call a special session of the Super Secret Coven to decide which SEC team will replace them?
Maybe they’ll cut out the middleman and just choose the SEC school to begin with.

Maybe they’ll cut out the middleman and just choose the SEC school to begin with.
Herbsteit: "The ACC teams have shown all season that they are injury-prone. It doesn't matter what their record is - going undefeated and unscored on 13 times in a row means nothing if the entire team gets food poisoning at the Chinese buffet. Why should a 6th-place 7-5 SEC team have to sit at home while the ACC team is all puking and passing out on the sidelines? The Selection Committee demonstrated courageous impartiality by putting their personal bias to one side and choosing the SEC team, who, by the way has not lost to an ACC team all season and it doesn't matter if they didn't play an ACC team this year - we all know how it would have turned out which is why I support the Committee's decision to choose the SEC team with more quality losses than the ACC team who, by the way, has zero quality losses."

No player or coach is going to gloat about being preseason top 25.

Of course not. But we will get extend media coverage and exposure for the program. That's critical for recruiting and expanding the fan base.

Back