Top 5 players in GT History (in your opinion)

Just not sure how any list without Joe Hamilton & Calvin holds water. Beyond that there are several who could fill the next 3 spots.

1. Reggie Ball
2. AJ Suggs
3. Taylor Bennett
4. Vad Lee
5. TaQuon Marshall

honorable mention: James Graham

Everett Strupper should absolutely be on this list.
From 1915 to 1917, our record was 24–0–2 and we outscored opponents by a combined score of 1,135–61. He has been called, "probably the greatest running half-back the South has known." Strupper ran, caught and threw passes, blocked, returned kicks and also punted.
But don't listen to me, listen to Heisman:
"Were I compelled to risk my head on what one absolutely unaided gridster might accomplish, football under arm and facing eleven ferocious opponents, I would rather choose and chance this man on how he might come through the gauntlet than any ball carrier I have ever seen in action."

Joe Hamilton
Eddie Lee Ivory
Calvin Johnson
Ken Swilling
Keith Brooking

Here's mine
1) Joe Hamilton - just in command at QB.
2) John Dewberry - the QB who turned it around
3) Justin Thomas - next level player. There was no such thing as a broken play once he took over the team.
4) Eddie Lee Ivery - UGAg felt it necessary to hurt him at all costs
5) Calvin Johnson - I love RB, but had we gotten a prototypical QB, he becomes the greatest WR in CFB history.

Fight me, it is the off-season. Or change my mind, I'm game

And no, I didn't put defensive players on there so bonus is

6) Keith Brooking - all time leading tackler in GT History. Back to back seasons of 147 & 146 tackles.
Not knocking Dewberry but what did he turn around?

1. Joe Hamilton-not really any question about this one
2. Calvin Johnson-if he had gotten to play from 97-99, we would have won a couple of NC's
3. Shawn Jones-really the catalyst for that 1990 championship
4. Justin Thomas-beat the mutts twice and won an Orange Bowl
5. Shaq Mason-most dominant offensive linemen we've ever had

Here is a vote for JT5

20220122_051653.jpg

Back