Top 5 Things that we need to fix (list your own)

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
1. If we are going to play 3-3-5 defense, we have to utilize sophisticated blitz packages. You cannot let a QB get comfortable in the pocket. Make sure the opponent is worried about the blitz in every situation.
2. More attention to special teams, particularly place kicking.
3. Better athleticism on the offensive line. You have to be mobile to block effectively on RPO’s and outside zone runs. Appalachian State has the most athletic line I have seen. They move laterally so well and block for their RB’s on the outside. Too often I see a back getting stuffed on the outside with our linemen in the center of the field.
4. Bring back the two emphases of Bobby Ross - focus and execution. Stay focused on your assignment and execute as you have been taught.
5. Coaches improve in-game adjustments of both x’s and o’s and attitude. When things go bad the wheels tend to come completely off. There have been too many dismal performances and epic blowouts, including losing at home by 31 to Pitt.

gnats67

Dodd-Like
1) Develop an O-line or get rid of the O-line coach
2) Quit exploiting the obvious weaknesses of our O-line.....like running it up the gut
3) Have a clue what you are going to do in the red-zone and quit wasting all those opportunities
4) Run out of something besides the shotgun
5) Care about what the fans are saying instead of shrugging it off with a smirk like Collins did when Ken of the AJC asked about it
#5 reminded me of Bobby Ross his first couple of years when we were getting whooped pretty good. I think 3 wins one year 2 another? On his show on Sundays he always looked like he'd been up all night and could hardly talk. He certainly wasn't smiling or trying to sell or avoid anything. The man looked absolutely miserable. Know why? He was.

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
1. HC
2. OC
3. DC
4. OL Coach
5. Discounted ticket prices to entice fans to show up and endure the Bill Lewis Era part II

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
1. If we are going to play 3-3-5 defense, we have to utilize sophisticated blitz packages. You cannot let a QB get comfortable in the pocket. Make sure the opponent is worried about the blitz in every situation.
2. More attention to special teams, particularly place kicking.
3. Better athleticism on the offensive line. You have to be mobile to block effectively on RPO’s and outside zone runs. Appalachian State has the most athletic line I have seen. They move laterally so well and block for their RB’s on the outside. Too often I see a back getting stuffed on the outside with our linemen in the center of the field.
4. Bring back the two emphases of Bobby Ross - focus and execution. Stay focused on your assignment and execute as you have been taught.
5. Coaches improve in-game adjustments of both x’s and o’s and attitude. When things go bad the wheels tend to come completely off. There have been too many dismal performances and epic blowouts, including losing at home by 31 to Pitt.
Major agree with number one. Any of the back 8 need to be a threat to blitz and they should have to guess who to block on each play.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
No real short term quick fixes mid-season. Except cleaning up penalties. So here goes while looking at the long term.
1. Admin has to make sports a priority and actually fund athletics at an above par level. After decades of neglect, in order to catch up, vast increases in funding for a high level coaching staff and facilities are now needed.
2. Fund / make athletics a priority.
3. Fund / make athletics a priority.
4. Fund / make athletics a priority.
5. Fund / make athletics a priority.

But Tech takes pride in neglecting academics in order to show just how much the school cares about academics. So nothing is gonna change.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Did you see the option play we ran against Pitt? It was terrible. Why? Because we don't practice it enough to be good at it. That's the problem with #5 - you either need to spend a ton of time practicing the option or you don't run it. We need to spend that time practicing our base scheme right now.
Apparently need a whole lot more practice on our base schemes on both sides of the ball.

Wreck07

Varsity Lurker
  1. Simplify Offense - simple Read Options worked well against UNC. I think it's obvious we would have needed more against Pitt, but at least let Sims get comfortable doing what he did best the week before.
  2. Attempt to Pressure QB - UNC has a dreadful OL. We consistently pressured them with 3 man rush. That is not going to be the norm. I cannot believe that we didn't try anything new against Pitt. Our secondary is pretty good. But no one is good after 6 seconds.
  3. Hurry Up - we killed UNC with our two back sets, particularly Gibbs and Smith. Why? UNC couldn't sub when we went no huddle and switched between two backs and empty backfield sets with those two out wide.
  4. Start Looking for OC - What has Pat done, at any point in his career, that makes you think he is going to maximize our talent? Certainly nothing at Tech. Or Temple. Or Coastal.
  5. Wear White and Gold - What they heck - TStan and GC sold us a bill of goods that has not been delivered upon. Brent Key is at least wearing white and gold on sideline.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
#5 reminded me of Bobby Ross his first couple of years when we were getting whooped pretty good. I think 3 wins one year 2 another? On his show on Sundays he always looked like he'd been up all night and could hardly talk. He certainly wasn't smiling or trying to sell or avoid anything. The man looked absolutely miserable. Know why? He was.
Losing only hurts if you’re used to winning.

THWUGA

Dodd-Like except wouldn't have left the SEC
1. OL
2. DL
3. LB
4. DB
5. Is it too much to ask to get a FB?

gt9589

Smile... you love us.
1. OL (recruiting solid 4 star or better blue chippers)
2. DL (same as above) - this is starting to happen
3. 4 star or better impact TEs
4. A secondary that isn't out of position in ANY of the game
5. Put a fire under the GT fanbase (including getting the students in their seats before the game, not 1/2 into the game).

THWUGA

I'm pretty sure we have 3 LBs in the top 15 in the ACC in tackles.
Thanks to #2 IMO

What’s your order? I don’t think this priority is wrong and certainly not off by a lot….

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter
Thanks to #2 IMO

What’s your order? I don’t think this priority is wrong and certainly not off by a lot….
1. OL
2. Getting our RBs and WRs the ball in space (I'm not too negative on playcalling, but I think we're missing out on some advantages)
3. DL
4. DB
5. TE

THWUGA

1. OL
2. Getting our RBs and WRs the ball in space (I'm not too negative on playcalling, but I think we're missing out on some advantages)
3. DL
4. DB
5. TE
Ok fair I thought we were talking personnel. I can nit pick calls and schemes for days as well.

BranMart

Vegetables taste like sad.
CGC's haircut.
Get him some adult size suit pants.
Buy him some socks.
Eye drop sponsor so he can do something about those eyes.
Come up with some new catch phrases.

Lines will come along...we are getting more bodies. That is beginning and end to build a team. Everything else builds off that. You can have the Joe Montana era 49ers skill players out there and fight to be .500 with weak lines.

They seem to be working on the in game coaching/timing issues.

Get consistent game to game...letting the players dictate tone and mood will not work every game...Coaches have to put a foot up they ass every now and then, don't care how buddy buddy CGC wants to be.