Top 50 recruits in Georgia

Discussion in 'Football' started by manjano mdudu, Aug 7, 2018.

1. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Kennesaw, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    But they do exist and aren't going away anytime soon. Sure, if Tech was a factory that could take anyone, we could run what everyone else is.

2. gtphd

gtphd Very Stable

Loc:
    2 hours from Athens
    Team:
    Tech
    The real problem we have is that being a WR in this system is a guaranteed way to not make the NFL.

• Like Like x 2
  3. $jacket$

$jacket$ Banned (Temporary) Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    alabama
    Team:
    GT
    Post a link where it says he read at a 3rd grade level.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Dirty Jacket

Dirty Jacket The voice in Folty’s Head

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    What do you mean “up and coming starting QB”? He sucks and is trying to get better? Isn’t every high school kid up and coming? Explain your word choice

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. DressCheeseSideSeaboard

DressCheeseSideSeaboard Cyborg

Loc:
    Out of town
    Team:
    Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
    I agree. Third grade was being generous. He was reading Dr. Seuss.

6. gtphd

gtphd Very Stable

Loc:
    2 hours from Athens
    Team:
    Tech
    The first google hit is his Wikipedia page.

I’m sure you can find plenty of links from there.

7. GoldZ

GoldZ Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Lawrenceville, Georgia
    Correct, a LOT of these kids fail to qualify for Tech---ugag and Auburn, not so much. As for Marshall, he would have flourished until he flunked out or started stealing from his teammates.

8. GoldZ

GoldZ Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Lawrenceville, Georgia
    HOOVER, Ala. — Georgia receiver Malcolm Mitchell never read a children’s book until he got to college. In fact, reading anything was a challenge for the former top-100 recruit. usatoday.com

9. Vespid

Vespid Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Atl
    Team:
    GT
    No, the real problem is the perception that being a WR in this offense won't get you to the NFL. If I'm not mistaken, almost every #1 receiver in this offense, and one #2, has been drafted since CPJ got here. Not UDFA....drafted. BEY BEY - Rd 1, Stephen Hill - Rd 2, Smelter - Rd 4, Waller(a #2 mind you)-Rd 6. Several others were signed to un-drafted free agent contracts, Kevin Cohn and Ricky Jeune off the top of my head. IIRC, ESPN named GT "Best Wide Receiver Factory for NFL" just last year.

Maybe it would be in our best interest to push facts and reality that help our recruiting efforts instead of perpetuate myths that work in the interest of our competitors.

10. jj06

jj06 Flats Noob

Loc:
    Fayette County
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Why are you so bitter?
    He is a rising junior & this will be his first year starting. He has aspirations of playing for Clemson.

I asked him about Tech & he said no, because he doesn’t like the offense.

• Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  11. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Kennesaw, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Ok and then we get Justin Thomas and James Graham precisely because of the offense...or a guy like Jordan Yates who is a polished thrower but a couple inches too short to get that 4th star and factory offers. Not like 4 and 5 star QBs were ever busting down the doors to come here. We managed to hit on a couple of good ones but its always been tough otherwise.

Also, lets presume that this kid you are talking about ends up being good enough to get that Clemson offer. Lets even assume he's got the academics necessary to succeed at Tech. Would us running a different offense realustically change his mind?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  12. Dirty Jacket

Dirty Jacket The voice in Folty’s Head

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Bitter? Dude I’m just asking? JT5 came here because of this offense. James Graham spurned VT because they wanted him to play defense and this offense gives him a chance to stay at QB. Your cousin probably sucks dude and wouldn’t be offered to run this offense, get over it.

I am not a cpj loyalist or a defender of the option offense; I personally don’t care for the style. I just want tech to win.

13. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Not sure if serious...

14. gtphd

gtphd Very Stable

Loc:
    2 hours from Athens
    Team:
    Tech
    Either I was being sarcastic or I’m secretly Cutcliffe. You decide.

15. $jacket$

Loc:
    alabama
    Team:
    GT

Just said he never read a children's book. It still doesn't confirmed the 3rd grade comment. I'm just saying that it you are going to make such a statement, then back it up.

16. $jacket$

Loc:
    alabama
    Team:
    GT

Nope, nothing that verifies the 3rd grad comment. If you are going make such a statement, you should be able to back it up. I agree his reading level was low, but I doubt it was at a 3rd grade level.

17. gtphd

gtphd Very Stable

Loc:
    2 hours from Athens
    Team:
    Tech
    Well then I guess you know more about him than the news reports. What are your thoughts about the UNC research showing that 8-10% of UNC football and basketball athletes are at or below a 3rd grade reading level and another 60% are below a 6th grade reading level?

18. GoldZ

GoldZ Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Lawrenceville, Georgia
    At what grade level can almost all kids read children's books ? What difference does it make whether he could read at a 3rd or 7th grade level---he still got a scholarship to play for ugag and CMR damned well knew he was illiterate as far as college work is concerned. Btw, there are studies available that are even more depressing than gtphd's UNC research.
    I agree that 3rd grade level "sounds" like an exaggeration, but so did Jan Kemp's story at ugag until the facts came out.

19. cyptomcat

cyptomcat PostBot Staff Member

Loc:
    TX
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Your writing is not far from 3rd grade level.

• Like Like x 3
  20. BuckNasty

BuckNasty Damn Good Rat

Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Team:
    Georgia ööööing Tech
    It's hairsplitting. Let's say his reading comprehension was at a 6th grade level. What business did he have at our state's alleged "flagship" school?