Transfer Portal Central

That would be quite the transformation on the OL. Two former 4* OGs, a possible draft pick at LT, and an experienced C being thrust into a lineup that struggled.

With a guy who has taught freshmen how to ball out and do well.
The freshmen coming in, I bet we see gobs of all ACC guys.

That would be quite the transformation on the OL. Two former 4* OGs, a possible draft pick at LT, and an experienced C being thrust into a lineup that struggled.

I'm not sure about DC being able to transfer given his prior major. He wasn't much of a contributor at LSU. His listed weight still suggests he may be too heavy, and he had an arrest during an incident on campus. That said, I'm not sure these signals represent any real concern about him, and I'd expect him to contribute here if he comes.

I would imagine yes, but likely won't know about them until after Spring ball and they see exactly where they stand/fit in.
Yeah, but most players probably know where they stand right now. And yet almost no movement.

That could be one (or a mix) of a few things.
1. They really like it on our team.
2. They are at GT more to get an education than to make the pros or play football.
3. They arent certain there will be scholarships on the portal for them.

While the primary reasons may be 2 and 3, I dont think you can underestimate the importance of #1. We are getting report after comment after anecdote that GT has something very special going on wrt culture and chemistry. People clearly want to be a part of it.

Yeah, but most players probably know where they stand right now. And yet almost no movement.

That could be one (or a mix) of a few things.
1. They really like it on our team.
2. They are at GT more to get an education than to make the pros or play football.
3. They arent certain there will be scholarships on the portal for them.

While the primary reasons may be 2 and 3, I dont think you can underestimate the importance of #1. We are getting report after comment after anecdote that GT has something very special going on wrt culture and chemistry. People clearly want to be a part of it.
The impact you speak of is even more meaningful when you consider the rash of transfers at VT and other places. There are plenty of guys on much more successful teams that are beating down the door to get out. We are doing something right at GT.

Culture is so, so important, and is the #1 reason I have faith in CGC as coach.

Wonder if we have any guys eyeing the portal.
I don't know but Hamp Gibbs announced on Twitter yesterday or the day prior that he is done playing. He had to take a medical scholarship as he has just undergone his second back surgery but he will remain with the team as an assistant.

I don't know but Hamp Gibbs announced on Twitter yesterday or the day prior that he is done playing. He had to take a medical scholarship as he has just undergone his second back surgery but he will remain with the team as an assistant.

Was he on scholarship? I think he entered as a walk-on.

I know he entered as a PWO but I don't know if he had been awarded a scholarship or not. I just know that he's done, per his Twitter feed.
He was still a walk-on, played some meaningful snaps for us last season though.

The impact you speak of is even more meaningful when you consider the rash of transfers at VT and other places. There are plenty of guys on much more successful teams that are beating down the door to get out. We are doing something right at GT.

Culture is so, so important, and is the #1 reason I have faith in CGC as coach.
Just to add to this, culture is also about 95% of the reason Clemson has risen to where they are. Sure, there are some inherent advantages there, but the reality is that GT was equal to or better than Clemson for pretty much my entire life until Swinney got there. I was in school during the Bowden/Swinney transition, and the culture change was pretty obvious, even to an outsider. People just want to be there.

Just to add to this, culture is also about 95% of the reason Clemson has risen to where they are. Sure, there are some inherent advantages there, but the reality is that GT was equal to or better than Clemson for pretty much my entire life until Swinney got there. I was in school during the Bowden/Swinney transition, and the culture change was pretty obvious, even to an outsider. People just want to be there.

Then explain Athens? Why do recruits like playing over there? Can't be because of the school. Probably the broads.

Then explain Athens? Why do recruits like playing over there? Can't be because of the school. Probably the broads.
iu

Back