Transfer Portal Central

There are more high schools within 100 miles of Atlanta than places like Starkville and Athens.

Advantage GT.

Yeah but those kids currently have a playing-time (100 mile waiver) incentive to transfer back to Tech. If you take away the rule making them sit a year unless it’s close to home then there’s less incentive to come back to Tech.

Again I’m not saying the rule shouldn’t be changed as it seems like it’s better for the SA which is a good thing. Just sucks that we finally get an advantage for being an urban school in this sport dominated by college towns and know theyre gonna change the rule 3 years later.

Yeah but those kids currently have a playing-time (100 mile waiver) incentive to transfer back to Tech. If you take away the rule making them sit a year unless it’s close to home then there’s less incentive to come back to Tech.

Again I’m not saying the rule shouldn’t be changed as it seems like it’s better for the SA which is a good thing. Just sucks that we finally get an advantage for being an urban school in this sport dominated by college towns and know theyre gonna change the rule 3 years later.

I think there is still an inherent advantage in the sense that a good number of kids do want to transfer closer to home, regardless. And a lot of those sick relative stories are legit.

The 100 mile rule was never automatic, anyway. Ezzard didn't get his waiver and Sims was denied on the first try, too. Derrik Allen didn't even attempt it. All were well within the radius.

I think there is still an inherent advantage in the sense that a good number of kids do want to transfer closer to home, regardless. And a lot of those sick relative stories are legit.

The 100 mile rule was never automatic, anyway. Ezzard didn't get his waiver and Sims was denied on the first try, too. Derrik Allen didn't even attempt it. All were well within the radius.

See what you’re saying. Although I’d point out that you apply for the waiver only after you transfer. So all those guys were choosing between schools where they 100% would have to sit a year or Tech where they at least had a chance to play immediately.

See what you’re saying. Although I’d point out that you apply for the waiver only after you transfer. So all those guys were choosing between schools where they 100% would have to sit a year or Tech where they at least had a chance to play immediately.

Yeah. I don't know how much the possibility of a waiver may or may not have factored into their decisions on where to transfer. Of course, plenty of guys got waivers without moving any closer to home, so the whole thing was a subjective and confusing mess. Like you said, it's a positive change for SA's and I believe the portal will continue to be a net positive for us (until such time that we have 4 stars buried on our own depth chart! At which point, we won't care)

Miami seems like a logical choice unfortunately. The interesting thing to see is whether NCAA grants immediate eligibility.

Miami seems like a logical choice unfortunately. The interesting thing to see is whether NCAA grants immediate eligibility.
9C9F8A3C-CF64-4395-829F-2828280ADD7B.jpeg

Wouldn't going to FAU or FIU also get him in the area? The first thought i had was Lane Kiffin, but then I remembered he is now at Ole Miss.

It will be interesting if he chooses Miami with the Houston transfer there and he's granted immediate eligibility.

I don't see how he could be granted it immediately. Definitely would have to sit a year coming to GT.

I was told by an Alabama fan that Taulia is not the talent that Tua is and that he likely was not going to start at Alabama. Being this Alabama fan is not your typical over the top Bama fan and isn't overbearing about it, I tend to believe him. Said that Taulia is smaller than Tua

Back