Transfers heating up...as needed

Is there a scintilla of evidence that any player has had a scholarship revoked, or even received a stern talking to about having a scholarship revoked? Or is all of this rumor, innuendo, and wholesale claptrap?
I think you've accurately described the entire Internet.

I assume when you sign the academic scholarship there are explicit requirements with respect to gpa etc. to maintain it, no one is going in blind there.

Doubt there is a "if you are not in the two-deep" clause in the athletic scholarship.
I'd be willing to bet there are some sort of such stipulations in the scholarship that give cause for revocation that rarely, if ever, get used.

Not making the two deep is not "found someone faster than you". Not making the two deep is not performing at a desired level, the academic equivalent of being in good standing; but not gpa not high enough.
That's crazy talk. That means that half the football team thinks their schollies are on the line every day. Not even my most strident opponents ITT believe that's true.

That's crazy talk. That means that half the football team thinks their schollies are on the line every day. Not even my most strident opponents ITT believe that's true.

Again, I am not arguing that is the way it should be; but that is the way it is on the academic side. Typically, everyones academic scholarship is on the line every semester.

Again, I am not arguing that is the way it should be; but that is the way it is on the academic side. Typically, everyones academic scholarship is on the line every semester.
What I'm disagreeing about is whether not making the mandatory GPA is equivalent to not being in the two deep. When kids are offered athletic scholarship they are not told that failure to make the two deep endangers their scholarship. (Nor should they be.) What they're told is that if they come and give it their all, GT will pay for them to get an education. That's the promise that needs to be honored.

What they're told is that if they come and give it their all, GT will pay for them to get an education. That's the promise that needs to be honored.
How do you know this is what they are told? I think the 2 deep everybody is harping on is a little much, but I'd be willing to bet it's understood whether communicated verbally or on the contract/scholarship itself, that valuable contribution to the team is what they expect from SA's.

EDIT: And even the ones that aren't playing much or still right there "below the line" all know good and well who the ones are that should be moving on if they desire to play. I highly doubt it's a surprise to these guys when they get "the talk."

What I'm disagreeing about is whether not making the mandatory GPA is equivalent to not being in the two deep. When kids are offered athletic scholarship they are not told that failure to make the two deep endangers their scholarship. (Nor should they be.) What they're told is that if they come and give it their all, GT will pay for them to get an education. That's the promise that needs to be honored.
The irony is baseball, softball and other non-rev sports operate this way and everyone is fine with it. I do agree football and basketball are held to higher/different standards. My gut is it has something to do with class and race but that would really take this thread somewhere it does not need to go. Lol

The irony is baseball, softball and other non-rev sports operate this way and everyone is fine with it. I do agree football and basketball are held to higher/different standards. My gut is it has something to do with class and race but that would really take this thread somewhere it does not need to go. Lol
Taking threads where they don't need to go is a time honored ST tradition.

Sounds like Benson has entered the portal.

Back