Travis Custis and JHD ineligible for 2014 season

No worries, the football program is improving overall because players are graduating at record levels.

So... true freshman Freeman to start at DE? Snagging Whitehead on the transfer was clutch...

As far as Custis I'm much more concerned about how this will affect 2015 than 2014. Laskey will hold it down. Was it still high school grades? SATs? Did he fail all his Spring classes?

Losing JHD will be huge. Who is the backup to Laskey now? May be the end of the bowl streak. Can these guys redshirt this year since they aren't eligible or do they just straight up lose a year?

Losing JHD will be huge. Who is the backup to Laskey now? May be the end of the bowl streak. Can these guys redshirt this year since they aren't eligible or do they just straight up lose a year?

Right now I think it would be Connors (walk-on) backing up Laskey. Not sure if there's a capable incoming freshman. The B-Back position has only been average in the last few years anyway but it could get awful if Laskey goes down.

Being a Tech fan is something like being a vulcanologist, except instead of studying and trying to predict huge explosions, you're studying and trying to predict huge disappointments.

fuuu... is it likely that he'll transfer back?

Highly doubtful. Whitehead was an exception to our general inability to accept junior college dudes. Custis won't have that luxury I'm afraid.

Back