Triple Option

CPJ should tweak the offense to the players instead of it's going to be run my way win or lose.

I'm discussing it with myself right now. Man I am a real dick. Go öööö myself.

CPJ should tweak the offense to the players instead of it's going to be run my way win or lose.

I agree, we should run some diamond formation and shotgun stuff instead of making the quarterback go under center every play. CPJ is just too stubborn to modify the offense any. :rolleyes:

Watch the play at the offensive line and you will see the difference.

You mean the offensive linemen for Auburn aren't diving at ankles and ending up on their belly looking like the fish in the Faith No More video? Imagine that. You'd think with guys in your system for four or five years, they would have developed enough to be serviceable.

We need to fire Sewak?

That's part of what I was trying to get at in the Duke thread. We're recruiting in the 40's and getting results in the 40's. The triple option is not gaining us an advantage and is hurting us in recruiting.

When Mover said he wouldn't have come to Tech to play the TO as we do, it speaks volumes about how it hasn't been the equallizer that we expected. It worked pretty well for a couple of years with the previous coach's players, but since then, it doesn't seem to work consistently against better teams, most of which have seen it enough now and can scheme against it.

Maybe a better offensive line coach can fix it, but I have my doubts that the system is best for us without adapting to what we have.

Different strength of schedules and luck was not in our favor.

We finished behind them in the ACC Coastal. The conference strength of schedule was not that different.

And weren't we lucky we played them when they were breaking in a new qb?

We finished behind them in the ACC Coastal. The conference strength of schedule was not that different.

They finished one game ahead of us in the conference standings. Playing NC State instead of Clemson accounts for that pretty easily.

Then playing Navy and Troy OOC instead of BYU and UGA, and boom you're at 10 wins instead of 7.

Auburn was cut blocking on plays. They were just doing it better with better players than us. On one of Auburn's TD's, an Auburn player cut blocked two Missouri players. It was a great block. Missouri also had no idea how to defend the 3-O. In my opinion, we would have beaten Missouri if they played us using that nickle style defense from last night.

In addition to not playing Clemson, they played Miami w/o Duke Johnson and Logan Thomas when he was having a ööööty day. We were a little lucky that they had a new QB starting when we played them, but we still dominated every aspect. We are still better than Duke.

Auburn also got some great blocking on the outside on those jet sweeps. Our WRs and A-Backs should watch that tape for tips on how to do it.

Auburn was cut blocking on plays. They were just doing it better with better players than us. On one of Auburn's TD's, an Auburn player cut blocked two Missouri players. It was a great block. Missouri also had no idea how to defend the 3-O. In my opinion, we would have beaten Missouri if they played us using that nickle style defense from last night.

Yeah Mizzou's three man front was being slashed as well. Every time they use it, Marshall kept and bounce outside and there was no body insight to set the edge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

In addition to not playing Clemson, they played Miami w/o Duke Johnson and Logan Thomas when he was having a ööööty day. We were a little lucky that they had a new QB starting when we played them, but we still dominated every aspect. We are still better than Duke.

Logan Thomas had a lot of ööööty days. We were lucky we played them early because they improved over the season as the new qb was broken in. Considering that we beat them, they had to go beat two opponents that we lost to to win the division.

I don't think they're a better team than us, but they perform to their potential a hell of a lot better and I place that on coaching. I understand that we play a tougher OOC schedule and that explains the overall record, but not the ACC one. We underperformed the last several years, who's that on?

Back