TStan’s Job Should Be In Question Also…

THWUGA

Dodd-Like except wouldn't have left the SEC
We won the ACC last year in basketball and nobody wanted this Football job. He’s raising money. I have no personal connection to TStan but I feel like everyone who calls fro his head on this board has zero strategic management experience. Like, zero. No facts line up with what you guys say.

No. Moron post. Stansbury is light years and galaxies apart from the no talent *** clown that was Mike Bobinski, aka Bobinsquatch. You stay far away from the GTAA if your leadership judgement is that terrible. For once -- FINALLY -- it looks like the right person is AD and President. So keep your hot takes to where they're most warranted: defensive assistant coaches.

rghoae

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
We won the ACC last year in basketball and nobody wanted this Football job. He’s raising money. I have no personal connection to TStan but I feel like everyone who calls fro his head on this board has zero strategic management experience. Like, zero. No facts line up with what you guys say.
How is this a defense of TStan considering he didn’t hire CJP?

THWUGA

Dodd-Like except wouldn't have left the SEC
How is this a defense of TStan considering he didn’t hire CJP?
How does our athletic program's #2 most important sport winning a conference championship reflect on the AD? After he chose to stand behind the coach after missing the tournament his first 4 years, getting slapped with sexual harassment charges, post-season ban and 4-year probation? Seriously?

The AD does more than hire football and basketball coaches.

I think the jury is still out on TStan and he's got an uphill climb with the football program right now, no doubt. But some of you guys just call for heads without knowing öööö about öööö.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
The Georgia Tech image has been humiliated too many times under his watch. It will take the big money donors really stepping up but we need to clean house. Homer Rice should be hired to find us an AD and football coach.
Is there any reason to hire a new AD other than Collins sucking?

If not, what qualities is Stansbury missing that we should look for in a new AD to ensure that he won't also miss on his first football HC hire?

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Why are we saying no one wanted the football job? Like are we saying that no one wanted the task of the transition? Or no one wanted the money? I don’t buy it.
regardless we’ve shown we can recruit here.

I'm willing to look past the fact that he was conned into the Collins hire, a lot of us were. But the fact that they gave a 7 year contract to a coach that nobody else wanted is unforgivable. Such a trash move.

You're not going to be able to hand a 4 or 5 year contract to somebody to take over an option roster at this level. The deal was Collins got a year 0. If anything COVID dealt Collins another year 0... while certainly the talent level at GT got better, nobody else's seniors actually graduated unless they were guaranteed NFL money for the most part. So everybody else also got better and more experienced. The seven year contract isn't out of the realm of reasonable.

I still stand by that it is absolutely brain dead to want to fire Stansbury, especially after your arse should still be chapped from Mike Bobinski running the GTAA into the ground and chasing off all the best talent. Bobinski took the GTAA to lows not seen since the 70's. Now practically every program is doing quite well, and several at historical peaks.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Is there any reason to hire a new AD other than Collins sucking?

If not, what qualities is Stansbury missing that we should look for in a new AD to ensure that he won't also miss on his first football HC hire?
TStan has done some good things aside from Collins and Collin's contract. I don't hold Collins against him as much as I do the contract he signed with Collins. If TStan can bring in a home run OC or DC this off season, he can redeem himself and potentially save CGC as well.

rghoae

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
How does our athletic program's #2 most important sport winning a conference championship reflect on the AD? After he chose to stand behind the coach after missing the tournament his first 4 years, getting slapped with sexual harassment charges, post-season ban and 4-year probation? Seriously?

The AD does more than hire football and basketball coaches.

I think the jury is still out on TStan and he's got an uphill climb with the football program right now, no doubt. But some of you guys just call for heads without knowing öööö about öööö.
If you think he had a choice in retaining CJP considering he was about to replace CPJ I have a really well priced bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
I still stand by that it is absolutely brain dead to want to fire Stansbury, especially after your arse should still be chapped from Mike Bobinski running the GTAA into the ground and chasing off all the best talent. Bobinski took the GTAA to lows not seen since the 70's. Now practically every program is doing quite well, and several at historical peaks.
Comparing Stansbury favorably to one of the historically worst ADs ever at a P5 school does not make him a good AD.