Two more true Freshmen WRs might play

Crazy to blow these freshman receivers redshirt. We have 2 PWO's at receiver that have experience and know the plays and routes better than these freshman. Use these guys in key situations before you blow up redshirts after 4 games.

Crazy to blow these freshman receivers redshirt. We have 2 PWO's at receiver that have experience and know the plays and routes better than these freshman. Use these guys in key situations before you blow up redshirts after 4 games.

Someone's son is a PWO receiver....

I think you play who gives you the best chance to win - period. If the PWO's are legitimately as good as the freshmen, then keep the redshirts on. If not, then burn one. We really, really, really need a WR who can make a positive impact on the field, because outside of Summers and some inconsistently good stuff from Jeune, nobody has done crap.

Paul has already shown time and again that he has no issues playing walk-ons....so he will play whoever gives him the best chance to win the next game. He has said multiple times that the only time he truly keeps the redshirt on is if you get to game 6 without using them.

He has played plenty of them....Sean Bedford, Robbie Godhigh....now Ike Willis...

yea it is about wins and losses NOW and to presume a need 3 or 4 years from now is WAAAAYYYY too speculative

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/college/georgia-tech-wr-harland-howell-may-lose-redshirt-a/nnxh6/?icmp=ajc_internallink_referralbox_free-to-premium-referral

In the sixth game of the season, the Georgia Tech signing class of 2015 may yet place another member on the field in its first fall on campus.

Coach Paul Johnson said that first-year freshman wide receiver Harland Howell will probably travel with the team to face No. 6 Clemson on Saturday and may play as a No. 4 receiver behind Micheal Summers, Ricky Jeune and Brad Stewart. Summers is expected to play Saturday after missing the past two games with a shoulder injury.

Well, at this point you're thinking in terms of who's willing to throw an honest block rather than who's going to run the sweet route or catch the touchdown pass.

Wasn't Byerly a walk on at first?

I'm not worried about burning shirts - who cares about 4 years from now. I want now and I want it now.

I'm not worried about burning shirts - who cares about 4 years from now. I want now and I want it now.

I want all the shirts burned in the middle of the field as part of a ceremony before next BDS kickoff.

The problem is that we're doing the same thing we did four years ago and didn't balance the classes.

The problem is that we're doing the same thing we did four years ago and didn't balance the classes.

Next year is JT's last year. I'll sacrifice 2020 for 2016.

Next year is JT's last year. I'll sacrifice 2020 for 2016.

We'll end up with the same problem. Because you have so many in one class, you can't recruit more, and a few casualties results in having to play true freshmen.

Back