UCF / Memphis Canceled

Not that they had any choice, but man we get no breaks in the schedule. Three straight opponents off a bye (opener counts as a bye too).

They may have to cancel our game. I imagine the stadium and campus will see damage

Orlando is a mess right now with gas shortages and panic, and it will continue to be a mess for the next week with a hurricane rolling through. We will see if they will be able to host our game.

I don't think they get too much "rest" or "prepare" during that time.

The hurricane will be well past Orlando by Tuesday. Unless there is significant flooding or damage, I fail to see why the GT game would be cancelled.

The hurricane will be well past Orlando by Tuesday. Unless there is significant flooding or damage, I fail to see why the GT game would be cancelled.
Orlando isn't quite as well prepared for hurricane force winds. Depending on the track, there is some potential for the eye of the storm to pass over Orlando as an in tact hurricane. That would be relatively catastrophic. That said, it's more likely to be on the weak side of the storm or for the storm to be broken up by land interaction by then.

Don't forget Jose is right behind Irma. Could follow a similar track.

Orlando is a mess right now with gas shortages and panic, and it will continue to be a mess for the next week with a hurricane rolling through. We will see if they will be able to host our game.

I don't think they get too much "rest" or "prepare" during that time.

George Carlin as "the hippy dippy weatherman" was more qualified than me regarding these maps and such, but Jeepers it looks like, come Tuesday morning, that witch is coming right up our alley.

Diminished to nothing by then?

George Carlin as "the hippy dippy weatherman" was more qualified than me regarding these maps and such, but Jeepers it looks like, come Tuesday morning, that witch is coming right up our alley.

Well, yes, except for prolly a foot or so of rain. A bunch of the models have it doing a square dance on us, too.

Projected to be a storm for North Georgia, a lot of rain, maybe tornados...

I still say we will have to cancel the UCF game. UCF will not be able to prepare.

I wonder if that stadium is gonna catch wind and get serious damage

Feeling a >50% chance that our game moves to BDS.

I doubt they would move the game. UCF would not be prepared to travel up, nor would they have it in their budget.

I doubt they would move the game. UCF would not be prepared to travel up, nor would they have it in their budget.

You think they'd cancel it over relocating it? I could see it, but figuring that the mouse will want their ad money if they can get it.

You think they'd cancel it over relocating it? I could see it, but figuring that the mouse will want their ad money if they can get it.

Yes. It costs money to take a team to a game. They didn't budget that trip, so they won't make it. Unless we pay for it I guess, and I don't see that happening either.

We could easily pay for their travel with the gate/concessions made off another home game I would think. No different than paying an FCS team $250K+ to come play us. Question then becomes, do season ticket holders get their seat as part of the price already paid?....or do they hit us up for another ~$50 or so for this ticket?

They just cancelled a game days before any damage to Florida, let alone Orlando.

There is a decent chance our game gets cancelled.

Back