UCF / Memphis Canceled

Memphis is a conference game for them, so that could affect conference standings at the end of the season if they don't reschedule it. It's easier to cancel the Tech game, but I assume they would have to refund the ticket revenues for the game. The cost of lost ticket and TV revenue for two canceled home games would be a big blow to their budget, so I suspect they will want to figure out a way to play our game and reschedule Memphis. My guess is that they will mop up and play our game in Orlando if at all possible.

Memphis is a conference game for them, so that could affect conference standings at the end of the season if they don't reschedule it. It's easier to cancel the Tech game, but I assume they would have to refund the ticket revenues for the game. The cost of lost ticket and TV revenue for two canceled home games would be a big blow to their budget, so I suspect they will want to figure out a way to play our game and reschedule Memphis. My guess is that they will mop up and play our game in Orlando if at all possible.
I know this is sacrilege, but there are more important things than playing a football game.
UCF, if the campus is damaged, likely won't be able to practice next week. As much as I like to destroy a team, destroying a team that hasn't practiced or prepared due to the stress of a natural disaster isn't sporting and isn't how we should behave. I'd leave it up to UCF to cancel, but if they do we should accept the cancellation without penalty and move along to the next game.

They just cancelled a game days before any damage to Florida, let alone Orlando.

There is a decent chance our game gets cancelled.

As @wreckem1990 said in the other thread, I think it's more likely that our game gets moved here rather than them canceling b2b games.

Thinking that the game will be canceled is the level of insight that's fueling the groundswell of support for me to replace you as mod.

As @wreckem1990 said in the other thread, I think it's more likely that our game gets moved here rather than them canceling b2b games.

Thinking that the game will be canceled is the level of insight that's fueling the groundswell of support for me to replace you as mod.
No way it moves here by next Saturday. It will be cancelled if things are that bad

The main reason the Memphis game was canceled was to discourage people from staying in Florida after the evacuation had started. That won't be an issue next weekend unless the next storm presents a threat.

Give UCF the 2020 home game and we take this year and offer them anything they need in regards to indoor practice facility etc. Just don't let them in the vault room with the blue print

Why not? I have no real perspective on it so I'm curious what the stumbling blocks would be.
You have to employ people to work the game, sell and distribute tickets, arrange proper security - including the city of Atlanta. UCF has to arrange transportation up here. UCF is going to have kids concerned with family situations that probably they will have to attend to. At best, they may get a day or so of practice in before heading to Atlanta for an undeserved slaughtering.
Are you gonna play the game for free? Is Tech gonna just take a bath on expenses for hosting the game?

Yea, cause him reading that took all of 20 seconds.

Using the word time that way is more of a turn of phrase, dumbass. Maybe I should have said this, "Despite all the stress and drama he is still worried about what Brett McMurphy has to say on twitter."

Using the word time that way is more of a turn of phrase, dumbass. Maybe I should have said this, "Despite all the stress and drama he is still worried about what Brett McMurphy has to say on twitter."
When it comes to criticizing his team and saying stupid things he probably should be. The Hurricane isn't here at this very moment. I didn't realize he had to spend every waking moment dry heaving over it.

A cancellation might not be bad for us. We don't need an extra-complicated road trip before beginning conference play. Would be nice for us to have the bye-week advantage for once.

A cancellation might not be bad for us. We don't need an extra-complicated road trip before beginning conference play. Would be nice for us to have the bye-week advantage for once.
We wouldn't have to leave Atlanta this season until the October 12th game at Miami

Back