UCF - what to expect?

Stinger24

Damn Good Rat
That's a long winded way of saying almost exactly what I said.
Ummmm no its not. To quote you
UCF no longer has a true OC, they have Heupel and a couple different Co-OCs. Gonna be interesting in what they decide to run and how much they've been able to practice the new system. They lost their true OC in December last year.“

Last edited:

Stinger24

Damn Good Rat
now quote the other part you already quoted.

It remains to be seen. It definitely isn't the same offense, those are reports straight from UCF, not some season ticket holder that roots for her wife's team.
Classic Stingtalk 12 year old response.
Now show me straight from UCF where??

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
The subbing issue is somewhat mitigated now that defense gets to sub whenever offense does. But it will still be something to watch.

The biggest thing seeing UCF in the past is that our DBs will really have to disrupt short routes by jamming at the line and then be as aggressive as possible breaking up passes. Sims and Walton playdd great last week but we will miss Tre. I think missing TK and AC probably isn't as big of a deal this week since there won't be much time for pass rush anyways. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of dime.

If their offense isn't staying on the field then it could get ugly for them.

wesgt123

Varsity Lurker
UCF I think will have trouble with timing and be sloppy from it being their first game. Our D needs to be physical and wrap up tackles in space.

Really could benefit from Gibbs making his debut and get our ground game going to control the clock. He may hit a few TD runs.

Gotta be focused! LETSSS GOOO

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
The subbing issue is somewhat mitigated now that defense gets to sub whenever offense does. But it will still be something to watch.

The biggest thing seeing UCF in the past is that our DBs will really have to disrupt short routes by jamming at the line and then be as aggressive as possible breaking up passes. Sims and Walton playdd great last week but we will miss Tre. I think missing TK and AC probably isn't as big of a deal this week since there won't be much time for pass rush anyways. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of dime.

If their offense isn't staying on the field then it could get ugly for them.
Great take!

jacket67

Dodd-Like
I just noticed how crazy their game at Pitt was last year. Pitt was up 21-0 with less than 5 minutes left in the first half. UCF then scored 31 unanswered points over a period of about 14 minutes on the play clock to go up 31-21. Pitt ended up winning with a TD drive, scoring with a minute left, 35-34. It looks like maybe Pitt fell asleep on them after getting a big lead, so we need to respect their ability to score in bunches.

Last edited:

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I just noticed how crazy their game at Pitt was last year. Pitt was up 21-0 with less than 5 minutes left in the first half. UCF then scored 31 unanswered points over a period of about 14 minutes on the play clock to go up 31-21. Pitt ended up winning with a TD drive, scoring with a minute left, 35-34. It looks like maybe Pitt fell asleep on them after getting a big lead, so we need to respect their ability to score in bunches.
I remember the Georgia Southern game well.

Stinger24

Damn Good Rat
Their OL last year is soft compared to what it had been pre-2019. Even in their national championship season, their OL was soft.
Their Defense is also generally soft. Think us in CPJs last year. Their D has problems generating pass rush without blitzes, and it doesn't help that Randy Shannon runs a basic defense without too many blitzes. Seriously, think Ted Roof. They also are very prone to giving up big plays.
You can also clearly see that they get tired when UCF can't produce on offense.
They will have good skilled positions guys and some speed, but nothing that we don't have or have more of.
UCF no longer has a true OC, they have Heupel and a couple different Co-OCs. Gonna be interesting in what they decide to run and how much they've been able to practice the new system. They lost their true OC in December last year.
I expect our guys to be conditioned athletes vs. their guys who have yet to play in a game.

3 Keys to the game:
-Physicality, starts up front for us and I like what I've seen so far
-Sound play, eliminate mistakes--we can't afford to beat ourselves this week
-Extended drives on offense, get stops on defense

Sounds simple, right? If we see these things in the first quarter- which is the expectation- we will win and win big.

38-24 Tech
So you were saying....