UConn ded.

So UConn left the AAC and moved to the Big East (but independent in football) this year, if I’m reading it correctly. Less interesting than if a conference member decided not to play. Sounds like a lot of their schedule had already been wiped out by other conferences’ decisions.

JRjr

Anyone have a guess as to date a go-no go decision will be made on the season?

UConn has a football team?
Remember playing the game there before they moved to the Rent? It was a high school stadium at best.

300px-UCONNMemorialStadium.jpg

This is the most press for UConn football they've ever had. Their whole program is on life support. Stupid pro sports style decision to expand your program while moving your stadium 40 miles from campus to a polluted field in a blue collar burb that's close to nothing.

I don't see how UConn's athletic department ever recovers from this. Still have to pay scholarships for all the non-rev sports too, but drawing no revenue from football? Ouch.

I don't see how UConn's athletic department ever recovers from this. Still have to pay scholarships for all the non-rev sports too, but drawing no revenue from football? Ouch.

Not sure if serious. Surely basketball is what pays the bill up there, and not a football program that overreached and has been in decline for a while.

JRjr

With no conference, they were going to have a hard time fielding a schedule. Makes total sense they would be the first to cancel, as the worst program in the country. Should have dropped back to FCS like Idaho.

They will probably still have to pay Edsall. Ya'll, we could have had him at one point. lol

Not sure if serious. Surely basketball is what pays the bill up there, and not a football program that overreached and has been in decline for a while.

JRjr
Do they just drop football and become a basketball focused Big East program? What is the status of their football players for this season?

Back