#UGAvsGT Collins Postgame Presser

My annual phone call with my AT rep is going to be different than it has been since 1986.

I lived through Bill Curry who actually did pretty well in retrospect.

I stuck with Ross because I knew he was a good coach.

I stuck with Lewis because I knew he was a good coach but didn't know he was gawd-awful at managing a roster.

I gave O'Leary time because I understood how bad it was.

I hung in there with Chan until he told me that winning the ACC was more important than beating the dwags.

And I stood by Paul Johnson because he beat the dwags three times.

Why should I stick with Collins? He hasn't done öööö in 3 years.

At worst, I guess it is worth saying, it seems that he is offended by the idea that he should even have to earn my support. Tech has my support forever, but Geoff Collins is not Georgia Tech and right now he seems more like a vaguely antagonistic and self-interested obstacle for Tech to overcome than its leader. He personally does not have my support to remain as Tech's coach, and he won't earn back in scripted videos or social media posts what he lost when repeatedly given the chance to speak his mind.
I wish he would just be himself. He’s obviously ripping that schtick from Saban, but it only works - if you produce.

yeah the guy really doesn't seem to give a öööö about the fans. It's like he knows he's locked in.
I honestly had been hoping that if Stansbury was keeping him and he met with Collins in the last week about that fact, the former would have instructed the latter to work on at least pretending to care about the people he needs to fill the seats 11 out of every 12 home games. It's not something that should even need to be said to the guy, but at this point I'm not even sure it would make a difference if TStan had done exactly that. He comes across like someone who has always viewed us potential future adversaries and now he's just trying to tell us he can do without us, without having the balls to say it outright.

Sounds like he has no answers for the fans. Or the players or the coaches or the administers. Just a paycheck taking clown!
Picking up his next paycheck
B9051BD9-471E-489E-81E4-C26B203A9392.jpeg

Our opponents went on a 110-0 run to end the season. That's hard to fathom. Someone ask how we should feel about that.
They did ask.

Now is not the time to reflect on such matters. It is time to give love and gratitude to the men in that locker room who just played their last game in a GT uniform.

*This was a paraphrased yet very accurate answer in today’s post game presser.

Our opponents went on a 110-0 run to end the season. That's hard to fathom. Someone ask how we should feel about that.
IIRC, the QB that was under center for all that is that same Guy that everyone loved after the NIL Game, in fact many wanted Sims to change positions or transfer.

Can't have it both ways, we get our chosen QB, and then we complain even more, maybe admit we (the vocal minority) were wrong about Sims back in September and go from there, maybe admit that we shouldn't always question coaches when we don't see everything that goes on behind the scenes.

IIRC, the QB that was under center for all that is that same Guy that everyone loved after the NIL Game, in fact many wanted Sims to change positions or transfer.

Can't have it both ways, we get our chosen QB, and then we complain even more, maybe admit we (the vocal minority) were wrong about Sims back in September and go from there, maybe admit that we shouldn't always question coaches when we don't see everything that goes on behind the scenes.

I'm questioning coaches when our opponents score 110 unanswered.

As I said in the other thread, does anyone else find it borderline strange that he says, I believe I counted 8 times, how much he 'loves' the guys. I'm not suggesting anything, just I've never heard any other coach ever speak of his team like that.
Yes. It's like he's a scoutmaster talking about his boy scout troop. Troop 404. It is weird.

As I said in the other thread, does anyone else find it borderline strange that he says, I believe I counted 8 times, how much he 'loves' the guys. I'm not suggesting anything, just I've never heard any other coach ever speak of his team like that.
and he is verklempt every time he says it .. . but at least it gave me a chance to use one of my fav words. verklempt.

Basically didn't have an answer, except the quip "nobody is more frustrated than me."
Actually I’m willing to bet the staff that put in comparable hours and effort but have little control over the overall outcome and make 1/10th what he makes, are more frustrated.

I bet the players who invested their long nurtured dreams in him and take the daily physical abuse but have no authority to correct problems or change processes and don’t get paid at all, are more frustrated.

I bet the fans who spend their dollars to fund this fiasco, are more frustrated.

I have no idea what if anything this guy could say that I wouldn’t react violently against. I got tired of CPJ’s empty pressers when we were losing too.

PS. Actually, firing the coordinators and taking a paycut to hire better ones is something he could do I would respect. That would give me a little hope that he understood people management even if he doesn’t understand much about game management.

Back