#UGAvsGT Collins Postgame Presser

Actually I’m willing to bet the staff that put in comparable hours and effort but have little control over the overall outcome and make 1/10th what he makes, are more frustrated.

I bet the players who invested their long nurtured dreams in him and take the daily physical abuse but have no authority to correct problems or change processes and don’t get paid at all, are more frustrated.

I bet the fans who spend their dollars to fund this fiasco, are more frustrated.

I have no idea what if anything this guy could say that I wouldn’t react violently against. I got tired of CPJ’s empty pressers when we were losing too.

PS. Actually, firing the coordinators and taking a paycut to hire better ones is something he could do I would respect. That would give me a little hope that he understood people management even if he doesn’t understand much about game management.

He could easily begin to earn my respect by telling me the truth about what the problems are. Name some names. Tell me what's up.

I'm sure there are all sorts of real smart competitive reasons why you don't wanna do that as a coach or a manager or whatever. I don't care. The whole thing is burning down and you're not going to save one bit of it by keeping it a secret from me. Let's have it.

He could easily begin to earn my respect by telling me the truth about what the problems are. Name some names. Tell me what's up.

I'm sure there are all sorts of real smart competitive reasons why you don't wanna do that as a coach or a manager or whatever. I don't care. The whole thing is burning down and you're not going to save one bit of it by keeping it a secret from me. Let's have it.
“Our OL play is poor and that’s ultimately CBK’s responsibility, so I would say that’s a problem”?

I dunno. I would rather hear about scheme changes or practice changes or starting some back ups or some kind of discrete changes he’s going to make.

But honestly I think holding himself accountable with pay cuts like Frost and Harbaugh have done, are the only things he could do that would really earn my respect.

I'll be back when the AD gets serious about putting a competitive team on the field. This is simply not enjoyable anymore and seems to be regressing. Right now, as many have pointed out, we have a clown show.

“Our OL play is poor and that’s ultimately CBK’s responsibility, so I would say that’s a problem”?

I dunno. I would rather hear about scheme changes or practice changes or starting some back ups or some kind of discrete changes he’s going to make.

But honestly I think holding himself accountable with pay cuts like Frost and Harbaugh have done, are the only things he could do that would really earn my respect.

Well, I guess I'm assuming that there is some kind of extraordinary dysfunction going on that we're not privy to. I feel like the on the field results are the result of more than just low quality coaching. The constant communication issues, the lack of any development, the total cluelessness in every phase of our operation, they remind me of some signs I have seen in the professional world that turned out to explode into great fireballs of drama rather suddenly.

Come to think of it, it really of reminds me of that show Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay. You probably don't like him, because he's about as offensive as a person can get, but if you can stomach a few episodes of it, you may see what I mean. I won't blame you for wanting to avoid something that is being sold to you as explicitly similar to the worst aspects of GT football right now, though. :lol:

The OLine is by far the biggest head scratcher for me. If you rewatch plays slowly you see OLinemen passing right by the guy in front of them who often makes the tackle. It’s just weird. It’s almost like our OLine is blocking for plays we aren’t running. I watch a lot of our games back and watch for it. The other issue I see is our OLinemen don’t adjust to the guy across from them. Today, it was clear UGA had more speed man vs. man on the line. We continued to keep tight splits which gave our tackles very little chance to block their DE’s. I know we are trying to run plays that cause linemen to block someone else but we can’t even do the basics so why are we trying more exotic blocking schemes. If we were that concerned about Davis in the middle we could have played 6 OLinemen and scraped the TE. But, we are hellbent on running the generic RPO that every defense practices against everyday.

Well, I guess I'm assuming that there is some kind of extraordinary dysfunction going on that we're not privy to. I feel like the on the field results are the result of more than just low quality coaching. The constant communication issues, the lack of any development, the total cluelessness in every phase of our operation, they remind me of some signs I have seen in the professional world that turned out to explode into great fireballs of drama rather suddenly.

Come to think of it, it really of reminds me of that show Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay. You probably don't like him, because he's about as offensive as a person can get, but if you can stomach a few episodes of it, you may see what I mean. I won't blame you for wanting to avoid something that is being sold to you as explicitly similar to the worst aspects of GT football right now, though. :lol:

I'm not even sure it has to be something dramatic. The descriptions I've seen around here about what we do for "practice" can explain most of it. It has sounded like the only thing we do on the practice field is run drills, all of the mental stuff of communication, awareness, scheme, etc is done in film room and meetings or some such. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that doesn't actually prepare you well for what to do when it's live.

I'm not even sure it has to be something dramatic. The descriptions I've seen around here about what we do for "practice" can explain most of it. It has sounded like the only thing we do on the practice field is run drills, all of the mental stuff of communication, awareness, scheme, etc is done in film room and meetings or some such. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that doesn't actually prepare you well for what to do when it's live.

This is like when the chef sits down and asks for the menu, and the menu has 450 items on it, and he says "this is why your restaurant is not successful, your menu is impossible to prepare for". The answer is never as simple as fixing the menu though, the real battle is fixing the brain of the owner who thinks the mediterranean-oriental-scandinavian restaurant concept is the next big thing. And he's bet his life savings and made his wife steal money from her parents to finance the thing and now the drama is insane.

Idk if the metaphor has exited the room here. It's a fun show, anyway.

Do you know why Coach Waffle Dick Progresso Soup disrespected you when asked about what to tell the fans? It’s because he has no respect for you. He knows that he can give the same ööööing press conference that he’s been giving you since October 23rd and you will either make up excuses about why we can’t do better, try to come up with a compromise or you will wallow in your own ööööing misery. And the cuck who gave this clown with 2 years of experience managing a nobody team a 7 year contract will say he’s behind him. And we say ok, let’s throw more money at this garbage fire, maybe it will be less losery next year. Bunch of ööööing losers all around.

I’m sure many would’ve predicted that of Harbaugh too.
Harbaugh was making like $7 million per year and Frost was making $5 million per year, much easier for those guys to take pay cuts down to $4 million per year, which is still more than we pay now

That almost made the three hour "Get Back" Beatles documentary on Paramount seem short and painless.

I'm really proud of the reporters for hanging in there and fighting hard all the way to the end of that press conference. It's tough to lose press conference after press conference. But you're talking about probably one of the top six most difficult coaches in the country to pin down. Hats off to him for the job he does up there. I thought the reporters that we had up against him there competed hard to get straight answers all the way to the end, as they have all year. For some of these folks, that's three years now, and I just want to show them some respect and love. I wish all those guys could be back again next year.

And I want to say that, as a senior myself, it took a lot of determination, dedication, and juice (or was it sauce?) to get to this point so far. But now isn't the time to look backward at that. I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow and thinking about how to get to the next step for successfully making it through the press conferences next year. I can't tell you what my plan is, because it's a secret. But it rhymes with "Plaque Rogaine."

This is like when the chef sits down and asks for the menu, and the menu has 450 items on it, and he says "this is why your restaurant is not successful, your menu is impossible to prepare for". The answer is never as simple as fixing the menu though, the real battle is fixing the brain of the owner who thinks the mediterranean-oriental-scandinavian restaurant concept is the next big thing. And he's bet his life savings and made his wife steal money from her parents to finance the thing and now the drama is insane.

Idk if the metaphor has exited the room here. It's a fun show, anyway.
I think a better show analogy for what I'm thinking is the case where restaurant is the kind with the owner also being the "chef", the front of house of the restaurant looks nice but everyone hates the food and the owner/"chef" just can't grasp why. Then you go back and it turns out all the food is canned/premade/frozen crap. Also the sort where the owner wants to control the front of house in additional the "chef" so they don't let the waitstaff have access to the register/card system or w/e, only the owner or their sometimes around spouse can, so the service is also super slow and no one working there really knows what is going on when customer complaints start coming in.

After typing that out I think there may of been a restaurant almost exactly like that on the show at some point.

Back