UNC recruiting

UNC has Duke, State & Wake in their backyard to contend with. They’re always gonna get 4* athletes no matter how much disarray they’re in.

Our backyard includes Auburn, Clemson, USCe & uG. We’ll have to fight a little harder (Which we are, btw).

And it looks like all their other commitments so far are from right in their backyard. Honestly, a couple of these guys probably sign with UNC even under Fedora. His classes were always in the top 20-30 range.

His classes were always in the top 20-30 range.

Reminds me of a quote from Wes Durham about UNC (wtte): "They always pass the bus test. They look like Tarzan coming off of the bus, but play like Jane."

OP: As far as the new staff recruiting--the efforts and outreach in such a short time have been fantastic. Can we at least wait until December before the miserable runs around waving their hands freaking out? It's February. Let's see where the kids sign first. :facepalm:

I don't think this is a reality check. Almost no one is expecting us to compete for a championship in the next couple of seasons.

We're a (recently) bad program with a relatively unknown coach transitioning from a unique offense. People are excited about the medium term future, not the immediate future.

And the team that has won 5 gms in the last 2yrs is expecting to compete? UNC is in the same position as us maybe worse. I’m expecting a snowball in commitments the start of March and when spring practice begins when people actually see the changes on offense

And the team that has won 5 gms in the last 2yrs is expecting to compete? UNC is in the same position as us maybe worse. I’m expecting a snowball in commitments the start of March and when spring practice begins when people actually see the changes on offense
Hope so.

We have some 4-star commitments already. They’ll go public soon. Also some 3-stars. Not sure why a February commitment matters any more than a March or April one.

Our staff was recruiting a lot for 2019 in January. Most of the staff was not even here until January. In one month, they were quite impressive. I’m fine giving them a few months to work on 2020.

Who?

This seems like a good a place to ask as any.

Anyone know the recruiting strategy of this staff? As I recall, CPJ assigned out responsibility based on geography. Is that standard for most everyone? What's CGC's philosophy in that regard?

UNC also drives a lot of clickbait income for recruiting services. It's the reason their classes get perpetually ranked in the top 30, usually top 25 despite offer lists heavy with App State, ECU, and Kent State. Then they go about 6-6 most of the time.

UGA does the same thing at a higher level.

This seems like a good a place to ask as any.

Anyone know the recruiting strategy of this staff? As I recall, CPJ assigned out responsibility based on geography. Is that standard for most everyone? What's CGC's philosophy in that regard?

Being relentless recruiters. Recruiting the Elite of the elite. There are territories but it’s mostly a team effort. I think that is the complete CGC spill

Being relentless recruiters. Recruiting the Elite of the elite. There are territories but it’s mostly a team effort. I think that is the complete CGC spill

Yeah, certain guys are going to be narurally strong in certain regions (Key in Alabama, Dixon in Florida) but it seems like the staff is all over the place.

Lol. You have him down!

I do think Choice is covering Dekalb/Clayton/Henry counties primarily.

Think in terms of sales and operations. I think they each have a territory they sell like Choice has or Key has but then they also have an operations-side they work.

So Key works all OL plus all of Alabama...something like that. I am sure I am oversimplifying it but there does seem to be a plan.

We're building a culture based on that effort too I hear.

From the rumblings, there are already 2-3 high level commitments. I’m not sure if this all part of marketing to announce them in March or what

Maybe he is waiting to make a big splash at the spring game by announcing recruits who have committed...but I admit that seems like a long time to wait. I would think he would want them to announce sooner to create momentum/influence with other recruits. Still I can envision CGC waiting a little to make a big splash about it rather than having them trickle out.

Maybe he is waiting to make a big splash at the spring game by announcing recruits who have committed...but I admit that seems like a long time to wait. I would think he would want them to announce sooner to create momentum/influence with other recruits. Still I can envision CGC waiting a little to make a big splash about it rather than having them trickle out.
I’m not sure CGC can talk about recruits until they actually sign the letter...

Can you imagine how a practice with elderly coaches is going to be run?

Back