Uniform color

buzztheirazz

Dodd-Like
Since there is nobody talking about anything--I figured I'd bring up a topic that has obviously been debated on here before but previous to my enrollment to this site. I know that some like to call them "urine" colored jerseys and want to go back to the white shirts on top of gold pants and I feel differently.
I personally like the color of the uniforms. I'm a more recent graduate- '01 -and definitely was not as big of a fan during school as I am now. But, I don't remember the good 'ole days when the other uniforms were around. I do remember purchasing a "game day gold" shirt about 5-6 years ago and it was the most god-awful yellow/orange shirt and I would NEVER wear it aside from a game. I think that the "new gold" that makes up our official game day gear and is making its way into our apparel is definitely more attractive than--lets say 10 years ago.
Thoughts?

I'm an '02 graduate, and I'm fine with our current jerseys, but seeing white shirts on gold pants would be ok, I'd give them a shot.

I know it isn't popular with a lot of people on these message boards because it's not "Official", but I was just such a huge fan of the navyblue jerseys.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a more recent graduate- '01 -and definitely was not as big of a fan during school as I am now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uniforms aside, do you mind explaining this comment?!

I mean c'mon. Three in a row, Joe Hamilton, Top 10 football,
etcetra, cetra... What were you doing,..studying? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eekhair.gif

For away games, I am quite fine with White Jerseys/ Gold Pants. That is our traditional uniform. There is no reason to do anything fancy with what we have already got, as far as away games go. I love our current home Gold Jerseys/ White pants; however, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a throwback to our 1990 era Uni's with the Navy Blue Jerseys/ White Pants on occasion. I think that it would even look cool with the Navy/ White combo to wear helmets from the 1970's era (white w/ Gold GT emblem and Navy/Gold stripes).

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gifOne thing that I never ever want to see, is our opponents wearing their home Uni's in BDS@GF, that sux.

As I have stated before, I'm not too concerned about which uniform they wear. Just for a change, I wouldn't mind seeing them run out onto the field wearing bib overalls with a lunchbox in their hand. Just so long as they know that it's time to go to work and have fun when the ball gets kicked.
YELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JAAAAAAAACKETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO BEES GO

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a more recent graduate- '01 -and definitely was not as big of a fan during school as I am now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uniforms aside, do you mind explaining this comment?!

[/ QUOTE ]
I was more interested in other forms of entertainment. (i.e. music,disc golf and growing my hair out--f'ing hippy)
btw- I've always followed the team but would travel to see music before going to a game where now it's the other way around.
My username is actually the deceased guitarist of my favorite band.

I'm with you Brother Rome. To be honest I couldn't give a rats arse about the Uni's. I want to see consistency and if that happens who cares what we wear.

[ QUOTE ]
navyblue jerseys.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would really like to see them play in a shiny dark dark blue jersey. The only problem would be the heat of the sun on a dark blue shirt. I guess we'd just have to bust them out late in the year.
I've got a hat where the GT emblem looks like a dark blue but if the sun hits it right it has a sheen to it that is much lighter. If we could have a jersey like that I'd be very impressed.

I would like to see the navy blue jerseys, but I would really like to see them in all white. I am a fan of white on white (like Texas)

Cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rockon.gif dude! Of course, if I was in school at the same time you were I doubt I would have graduated. You see, I have very little self control when very good Tech football is being played. In retrospect, I am lucky that our average win total during being institutionalized was around 3 per year.

Seriously, If we could get back to the level that was during your tenure, I would be a happy man.

I'm certainly a traditionalist, so, with that being said, I would prefer the white jerseys and gold pants at home.

My preference for a colored jersey would be the blue worn in the late 80's - early 90's. I just don't care for the gold jerseys presently worn.

I would rather have the black jerseys from the 'black watch' days than the current ones. However, probably don't want to wear those on a warm September afternoon.

I really like the gold jerseys, but wouldn't mind seeing a different throwback type jersey during homecoming. Maybe white tops one year, old gold another, blue, black.

I'd prefer the gold tops we have now or white tops during the hotter months of the early season.

Well, I do care what we wear...

because that is part of our tradition.

And the bulk of our tradition, and one that makes us semi-unique (with LSU) is white jerseys at home. Who gives a rats arse if the other team thinks they are wearing their "home" jerseys at BDS@HGF? It's their away jersey for that game. And anyway, we'll be wearing our "home" jerseys in their place the next year! I like the white jerseys at home tradition. And when we must wear a dark color, I'd prefer blue to that piss yellow we wear now. If we went back to a real "old" gold like in the late sixties/early seventies (or the color hat that Chan started wearing in his first year) I could go for gold jerseys. But that crap we wear now looks yellow and a weak yellow to boot.

Another thing I'd like to see is throwback jerseys at every Homecoming. Let the seniors on the team select the jersey (it can be any jersey our teams have ever worn), or we could wear a jersey honoring one of the Homecoming classes (maybe the one that gave the most money that year). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif I think that would be a great new "tradition" (is that an oxymoron?) and one that is really unique.

JMHO

Re: Well, I do care what we wear...

I agree. Homecoming every year we should break out something different. Gold helmets, blue jerseys, and white pants would be what I prefer, b/c I get a mental picture of Shawn Jones running down the field in that uniform against Nebraska in the Citrus Bowl.

Ahh, great memories indeed, I have the Citrus Bowl picture with Jones flying down the field framed.

The Navy Blue jersey's will always hold a very special place in my heart b/c of 1990!! I would love to see them again, and paint the endzones with the Huge "JACKETS" like they were in 1990 with the astroturf. And put the "GT" back in the middle of the field instead of this dual small "GT" on the 35 yard line.

With the Navy jersey's on Mansfield Wrotto might remind me of Kevin Battle, or Choice might look like William Bell, or KaMichael Hall might look like Calvin Tiggle.

Memories!!

Crazy, you may have the exact same Shawn Jones picture framed that I have seen and wanted to buy a while back (Jones running away with a Nebraska defender hopelessly chasing in the background).

But you bring up another great point about midfield. Why the heck did they ever take away the midfield GT? Those smaller GT's at the 35 or 25 or wherever they are just don't make the field look the same. When you watch other school's play on TV, you see their huge midfield logo and it should be a point of emphasis.

I played high school football and I played offense, but I think a defense should use that midfield logo as an advantage and motivation. If the opposing offense reaches midfield, the defense should have one of those "You're not crossing midfield or our logo" type of mentalities and clamp down.

So bring back the dad gum midfield logo!

[ QUOTE ]
Crazy, you may have the exact same Shawn Jones picture framed that I have seen and wanted to buy a while back (Jones running away with a Nebraska defender hopelessly chasing in the background).

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called "The Sting of Gold" and the reason the 2 Ne. defenders are hopeless is because Mr. Darryl Jenkins has just taken care of them.

My 238th print of the total of 1250 is hanging proudly in my office.
For all you interior decorators out there you will be happy to know it's matted in Navy and White surrounded by a beautiful Gold frame.
It truly is spectacular!

RM,
Everytime the subject of uniforms comes up, it reminds me of my teen years at the old original Rome High School when we would play Cedartown, GA. Everybody was our arch rival and Cedartown was one of the main ones. Cedartown taught me an important lesson, that pretty uniforms didn't mean a THANG!!! Cedartown's players would honestly come out on the field with their uniforms taped on with adhesive tape. Not a lot of money back then to spend on frivolous stuff like pretty uniforms. Adhesive tape was the best commodity around back then. Those lineman they had were so big that the legs in their pants were split just to get them on and then came the tape to hold them together. Honest injun. The bad thing about it was that their players didn't know that they had to have pretty uniforms in order to smash somebodys face and groin. When we lined up against that bunch, we knew to forget pretty and get to business because if we didn't, they would remind us. I used to think that all they were interested in was drawing all the snot, slobber, and blood that they could from their opponents. They had horrible uniforms but some of the best "smashmouth" football ever. Nothing at all against good looking uniforms, in fact I like them but dang, I hope we build on some consistency and quality football before we get to worrying about those uniforms.

gtfan, yeah its the front page of the AJC when we beat Nebraska "11-0-1, Tech rips Nebraska 45-21 to finish season unbeaten".

Back