Uniform vs UNC

Stupid. Full retart. Just like playing in an antiseptic empty dome blocks away from one of the most historic cathedrals in college football.

Whatever. Maximum butthurt. Triggered all day long. Bigcry me bitches.

Hey. How about you go to the game. Stop whining, go to the game. That cathedral looks like a big empty field of metal bleachers because there’s nobody in the damn seats.

All you need is the white britches and you have one of the coolest uniforms of all-time. Were you guys not around for our last national championship? Were people arguing about just wearing gold and white then?

Interesting to see in another thread some photos from the mid 60's i think where we wear gold jerseys. By the likes of Stingtalk one would awesome Dodd came out of the womb wearing G-W-G.
"Were people arguing about just wearing gold and white then?"
Yes, actually, we were, but because of the stupid NCAA rule regarding uniform choice, that was chosen instead of gold jerseys and white pants.

Hey. How about you go to the game. Stop whining, go to the game. That cathedral looks like a big empty field of metal bleachers because there’s nobody in the damn seats.

Lol.

I'll be in white and gold, tailgating in the Home Depot lawn 5 hours before kickoff. I may or may not be in my spot by the national anthem, but I will make my best effort, which I will admit, sometimes isn't quite good enough.

I'll also bitch and moan as much as I want to about certain things that I think are bullshit and wrong as often and as loud as I goddamn well feel like, with righteous indignation against all the haters of my opinions, standing firm against the backlash that I am somehow less of a fan for all of my "whining".

I will put you in the disagree column. Thanks for responding to my Stingtalk post.

Up with the white and gold! Go Jackets.

Last edited:
The hatred of the white pants and blue jerseys was even stronger when Ross introduced it. I am pretty sure that at the Citrus Bowl there were plenty of comments in warmups that we wished we were not wearing blue jerseys - that it just did not look like Tech. We still had a pretty good time though that day, as Tech fans will Saturday if we beat UNC in those blue uniforms.

I really think the argument is about branding - wanting to have recognition as a program. The GWG uniform with the GT on the helmet, the classic car, the fight song - all have been part of branding. Alabama, Oklahoma, Auburn, Michigan, Penn State, USC, LSU, Ohio State, Texas, UCLA, Georgia, Nebraska - classic uniforms have been part of their brand. When a couple of them occasionally change uniforms their fans react much as we do - some of the Ohio State and Dawg efforts have been lambasted.

But, ultimately, uniforms don’t define the gameday experience. Winning or losing does. If we prefer an Oregon approach of a weekly reveal to an Alabama approach of wearing the same thing every game, so be it.

Is the skirt optional?
Tutu

1632479094676.jpeg

I really think the argument is about branding - wanting to have recognition as a program. The GWG uniform with the GT on the helmet, the classic car, the fight song - all have been part of branding. Alabama, Oklahoma, Auburn, Michigan, Penn State, USC, LSU, Ohio State, Texas, UCLA, Georgia, Nebraska - classic uniforms have been part of their brand. When a couple of them occasionally change uniforms their fans react much as we do - some of the Ohio State and Dawg efforts have been lambasted.

But, ultimately, uniforms don’t define the gameday experience. Winning or losing does. If we prefer an Oregon approach of a weekly reveal to an Alabama approach of wearing the same thing every game, so be it.

Unfortunately, it hasn't been about "branding" in a long Time

Those Programs you listed above have Players' Parking Lots full of Dodge Chargers, Dodge Challengers, and Ford F-150s, that's why they can wear "traditional Unis"

When you can't do the same thing for your Players that most of those Programs do, you have to find a way to be good at "the Other Stuff", like up to date looks and cutting edge Unis

All the Guys that wanna go Traditional Uniforms like Bama, then get a Network of Bagmen just like Bama , once that Bag gets heavy enough you'll hear the 'Croots saying -- "it just feels like a Family environment with all the Coaches, I feel like they really understand me, and I've always wanted to wear those traditional Unis, going back to when I was a kid..........."

Lol.

I'll be in white and gold, tailgating in the Home Depot lawn 5 hours before kickoff. I may or may not be in my spot by the national anthem, but I will make my best effort, which I will admit, sometimes isn't quite good enough.

I'll also bitch and moan as much as I want to about certain things that I think are bullshit and wrong as often and as loud as I goddamn well feel like, with righteous indignation against all the haters of my opinions, standing firm against the backlash that I am somehow less of a fan for all of my "whining".

I will put you in the disagree column. Thanks for responding to my Stingtalk post.

Up with the white and navy! Go Jackets.

Here’s my algorithm:

Home games
- Is the opponent UGA? GWG
- Is it a white out? WWW
- Is it a top 25 opponent at night? WGW - Calvin Style
- Did we just have a badass defensive performance? Black Watch
- Is it a top 25 opponent during the day? GBW
- Everything else: GWG

Road games
- Alternate GWG and GWW
I'm all for GWG being the standard for home games with a couple different scattered in there, but I despise letting UGAg wear their home reds in our stadium. I like wearing a color vs. them.

Back