Uniform vs UNC

If these recuits love blue so much, they should go to Michigan. I'd rather see Tech go 0-12 every single year with Georgia Tech student athletes wearing my actual school colors than go 7-5 with a bunch of semi-pro fake students and future beer truck drivers wearing red and black. Obviously, you would prefer the latter. DSFDF.
That is absolutely untrue. accepting 0-12 every season over sports ball uniforms?

I prefer the traditional G/W/G combo. I think it makes us one of the more unique teams. Not many teams prefer white at home. Pre-CGC that includes us, LSU, Dallas Cowboys and perhaps others. Just my preference. That said, if we were winning enough and consistently enough to stick with tradition, that'd be easy. As others have pointed out, given our situation, we have to try and get whatever edge we can, and I am perfectly fine with continuously mixing things up and having options for the players to choose if that helps recruiting. I have no real data to say one way or the other, but I have heard it mentioned anecdotally in the last few years that it does matter to at least some. We need to do whatever it takes (legally and ethically of course) to win more.

Growing up in the 70s, I attended many Tech games with family and recall G/B/G primarily. Curry years. I remember wanting to purchase a pom-pom as a souvenir after a Tech-Wake game and selected the one that was black and gold. My uncle (correctly) stated "well, those are not really Tech's colors.". Officially they are old gold and white. So, I bought that one instead wanting to get the correct one.

Seems like navy has been part of the color scheme since as early as 1891 if you believe Tech's official website. So, it's not like navy arrived circa 1990. I absolutely like the navy better than the black with the exception of special occasions.

In my lifetime, Tech has done an extremely pitiful job of consistent colors and branding so the recent move to Adidas, the changing of the official logo and inclusion of navy as an official, yet secondary, color was a move in the correct direction.

I still think that the school should encourage a single, unifying color for fans to wear on gamedays regardless of what the team is wearing. Gold or White shows up best so it should be one of those two that is the default IMO. Given that we have one "White Out" a year and have done a "Blue Out", every other game ought to be a "Gold Out" for fans regardless.

1982 may wanna change that avatar since we won that OB in BLUE jerseys. You shouldn't count that one.

It must have been the Second Unit Cheerleaders with the Blue Skirts, my guess is that they are phasing it in slowly then "The 404 Takeover" will be complete

Cheerleaders (some) not it white & gold

DSK1631.jpg
DSK1631.jpg

When I was at Tech (1990s), the varsity cheerleaders generally wore white and the junior varsity generally wore navy IIRC.

I give not one f**k about the "front office" that has given us this debacle of a football program. Every one of them can go straight to hell - right behind Georgia - AFAIAC. And if you buy into that "we added blue" crap, you can go straight to hell with them. If you're going to change the colors after a zillion years, just switch to red and black like every other sports team in the state, and be done with it. As for me . . . it will ALWAYS be "Up with the White and Gold." Anyone who doesn't like that can kiss 100 percent of my ass. Now please feel free to poo away!!!
You need a corncob to plug your bleeding vagina. You’re getting blood all over the board.

Why does wearing a good looking Uni like the one we wore the last Time we won a MNC make them semi-pro fake students?

We won our most recent Title in Blue
Blue jerseys and white pants....NOT ALL BLUE UNIS. The all blue we wore in that bowl in Detroit were by far the ugliest uniforms I have even seen. The photos of the unis for Saturday look much better than those, but, sorry if you disagree, that is not Tech.

Blue jerseys and white pants....NOT ALL BLUE UNIS. The all blue we wore in that bowl in Detroit were by far the ugliest uniforms I have even seen. The photos of the unis for Saturday look much better than those, but, sorry if you disagree, that is not Tech.
I'm pretty sure we've had this same conversation on another board. Those are the EXACT SAME BLUE UNIFORMS we've worn since we switched to Adidas. We have not gotten any new ones. The ones we are wearing Saturday are the same ones we wore against Minnesota.

Which part? The bleeding vagina or the corncob?

All I know is we need to wear dark colors so the blood from 1982 doesn’t stain them.
I am gonna use these sentences as lyrics when I form a punk/grunge band.

I prefer the traditional G/W/G combo. I think it makes us one of the more unique teams. Not many teams prefer white at home. Pre-CGC that includes us, LSU, Dallas Cowboys and perhaps others. Just my preference. That said, if we were winning enough and consistently enough to stick with tradition, that'd be easy. As others have pointed out, given our situation, we have to try and get whatever edge we can, and I am perfectly fine with continuously mixing things up and having options for the players to choose if that helps recruiting. I have no real data to say one way or the other, but I have heard it mentioned anecdotally in the last few years that it does matter to at least some. We need to do whatever it takes (legally and ethically of course) to win more.

Growing up in the 70s, I attended many Tech games with family and recall G/B/G primarily. Curry years. I remember wanting to purchase a pom-pom as a souvenir after a Tech-Wake game and selected the one that was black and gold. My uncle (correctly) stated "well, those are not really Tech's colors.". Officially they are old gold and white. So, I bought that one instead wanting to get the correct one.

Seems like navy has been part of the color scheme since as early as 1891 if you believe Tech's official website. So, it's not like navy arrived circa 1990. I absolutely like the navy better than the black with the exception of special occasions.

In my lifetime, Tech has done an extremely pitiful job of consistent colors and branding so the recent move to Adidas, the changing of the official logo and inclusion of navy as an official, yet secondary, color was a move in the correct direction.

I still think that the school should encourage a single, unifying color for fans to wear on gamedays regardless of what the team is wearing. Gold or White shows up best so it should be one of those two that is the default IMO. Given that we have one "White Out" a year and have done a "Blue Out", every other game ought to be a "Gold Out" for fans regardless.
That 1891 article does not say quite what TStan wanted people to think it said. I don't know where to find it now, but IIRC, the blue was a fraternity's choice for homecoming colors, or something like that. It had nothing to do with the football team.

What the "Grand Torino" Crowd likes.........

vs.

What the 'Croots like.....?

Hmmm, I think I'll have to take up sides with the 'Croots

I'm pretty sure we've had this same conversation on another board. Those are the EXACT SAME BLUE UNIFORMS we've worn since we switched to Adidas. We have not gotten any new ones. The ones we are wearing Saturday are the same ones we wore against Minnesota.
And Adidas stands for All Day I Dream About Sex.

I'm sorry, I just blue myself.

The photos sure don't look like what I remember seeing in Detroit. Those were drab and lifeless, as was the team that day.

Back