Uniform vs UNC

When even one person says they look like stamped on, that tells me they look like s***, and they do, Even from lower deck sideline seats in Detroit, I couldn't make out half the numbers. WTF would you outline the numbers with the same color of the shirt. Even the white numbers on the gold jerseys need outlines to make the numbers more legible from the stands. That's just plain stupid, I don't care what company makes them or how "premium knit" they are. Other than those hideous blues in Detroit, I still think that Russell gear LOOKS a helluva lot better than Adidas. Not saying it's the same quality, but the look was definitely better. Much of Adidas gear looks like crap to me. And what black watch unis are you talking about?
I’m convinced this is Lev’s troll account (as if he doesn’t troll under his regular account).

When even one person says they look like stamped on, that tells me they look like s***, and they do, Even from lower deck sideline seats in Detroit, I couldn't make out half the numbers. WTF would you outline the numbers with the same color of the shirt. Even the white numbers on the gold jerseys need outlines to make the numbers more legible from the stands. That's just plain stupid, I don't care what company makes them or how "premium knit" they are. Other than those hideous blues in Detroit, I still think that Russell gear LOOKS a helluva lot better than Adidas. Not saying it's the same quality, but the look was definitely better. Much of Adidas gear looks like crap to me. And what black watch unis are you talking about?

:popcorn2:

NC State 2019, Louisville 2020, Duke 2020. That's 3-0.

EDIT: I meant to say navy jerseys in my OP, not all navy. My bad. We are 2-0 in all Navy.
Well just counting Navy jerseys, we are 3-1. There's also 2019 Pitt in there. Still a positive stat!

I can see the numbers on the blue jerseys just fine. :dunno:

You got to admit that outlining the numbers in the same color as the Jersey is pretty dumb though. Either outline them in white or use gold stitching if you can match the numbers. My guess is they didn't have enough gold thread and just stitched in navy instead. I don't see these jerseys being a big seller on B&N; but I've been surprised before.

I wonder why we ever wear anything other than the all white we wore at Clemson. Maybe gold helmets at home and white helmets on the road.

Honestly the all white adidas are the best looking unis in Collegiate Football History.

By definition everything else falls short...

You got to admit that outlining the numbers in the same color as the Jersey is pretty dumb though. Either outline them in white or use gold stitching if you can match the numbers. My guess is they didn't have enough gold thread and just stitched in navy instead. I don't see these jerseys being a big seller on B&N; but I've been surprised before.
Eh. I'd agree it doesn't "pop" as much on tv but I bet it looks ok in person. It's trendy to stack color on color right now. (See: Louisville's matte black on gloss black helmets they used last week.)

That said, I support your right to question design preferences. I have my own pet peeves. :bigthumbup:

At least we never have to see this öööö again -bubble wrap numbers, honey comb helmet, with three different shades of gold.

View attachment 42254

This was an ugly combo; but I look at it and think, 'well Russell was trying'. My peeve with Adidas is that sometimes I get the feeling they aren't really trying. It would not surprise me to see some other schools using the same uniform we are wearing this weekend only without the 404 shoes (which btw suck, but then I'm biased against re-branding us '404' when 90% of the state isn't in that area code).

Eh. I'd agree it doesn't "pop" as much on tv but I bet it looks ok in person. It's trendy to stack color on color right now. (See: Louisville's matte black on gloss black helmets they used last week.)

That said, I support your right to question design preferences. I have my own pet peeves. :bigthumbup:
I was in person in Detroit, and, although those were Russell, the numbers definitely did not pop at all.

I’m convinced this is Lev’s troll account (as if he doesn’t troll under his regular account).
I can assure you I am no troll. I have been a Tech fan since 1955, when my sister dated a Tech student, and I have been going to games (all home, and some away) since 1962. I ALWAYS speak my mind on any and every topic, and I really don't give a damn what others may think of it. That being said, I didn't like the blue jerseys in the 80s, but since we had to wear dark at home in those days and Rice and Curry, for some reason, wouldn't choose gold. So I have tolerated them, but the blue pants were hideous, and the all blues just flat out suck.

I can assure you I am no troll. I have been a Tech fan since 1955, when my sister dated a Tech student, and I have been going to games (all home, and some away) since 1962. I ALWAYS speak my mind on any and every topic, and I really don't give a damn what others may think of it. That being said, I didn't like the blue jerseys in the 80s, but since we had to wear dark at home in those days and Rice and Curry, for some reason, wouldn't choose gold. So I have tolerated them, but the blue pants were hideous, and the all blues just flat out suck.
I'm jelly of you folks who got to see golden age Tech.

Yikes. And if you couldn't make out gold numbers on a navy jersey then I don't think the problem is with the jerseys...
I hated Russell's honeycomb crap and the all blues for Detroit, but other than those, I have yet to see an Adidas uniform that looked any better overall than the good Russell ones. I know the quality is supposedly better with Adidas, although I think that's just salesmanship, and that Russell was looked down by everybody else, but I think they looked every bit as good, if not more so, than the junk we have been wearing the last 3 years. As far as not being able to make out the numbers, I wasn't the only in Detroit to say that. Were you there? If you were and you thought those uniforms looked good, then there is nothing I can say.

I hated Russell's honeycomb crap and the all blues for Detroit, but other than those, I have yet to see an Adidas uniform that looked any better overall than the good Russell ones. I know the quality is supposedly better with Adidas, although I think that's just salesmanship, and that Russell was looked down by everybody else, but I think they looked every bit as good, if not more so, than the junk we have been wearing the last 3 years. As far as not being able to make out the numbers, I wasn't the only in Detroit to say that. Were you there? If you were and you thought those uniforms looked good, then there is nothing I can say.
Adidas being better quality isn't just salesmanship. Players said that the Russell uniforms fit poorly and some players would have to make alterations just to semi comfortably wear them

I wasn't there but I've been to every other game we've worn them and I've never had an issue reading numbers, even from upper north. Those blues we wore in Detroit were Adidas, not Russell. When I tell you they are the same, I mean they are LITERALLY the same. As in some of those guys tonight will be wearing jerseys that were worn in Detroit. You could see in close-up pics on some in the last couple years where the Quick Lane bowl patch used to be and had been removed. These now have the Unity patch in that same spot to sort of hide that. Maybe it was something with the lighting inside that stadium in Detroit that made them look different.

Our unis for the KSU game looked great. I wish the numbers had a darker gold or navy outline for readability but that's it

No, that has NOT ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY. From the very beginnings of Tech football, we were the White and Gold, and everybody who knew a thing about college football knew that. We didn't actually start wearing white and gold uniforms until the mid-30s, if I remember correctly, but once we did, it was always white jerseys and gold pants. Both Alexander and Dodd wore blue jerseys for some away games, but blue was never associated with the Tech colors until the 70s when the NCAA changed the rules about home teams choosing their colors, and we were forced to wear dark jerseys for some games at home. Unbelievably, Homer Rice demanded that they be blue, and not gold, and it's been downhill for the White and Gold lovers ever since. TStan made it, or allowed it to be, what it is now, and as far as I am concerned, it is pure crap. I am totally on board with 1982Jacket !!!
Yes, I guess all these young folk don't recall that Georgia Tech used to be known as the Golden Tornado ! And if we ever start winning again what will a cool name be Blue Wave ? Actually blue is my favorite color as it is with the majority of males but when it comes to Tech gold & white are my preference. If the recruits like the color so much why in heck are they not signing with schools that have blue as a primary color? What if the " croots " want to change the team nickname? The school fight song?

Yes, I guess all these young folk don't recall that Georgia Tech used to be known as the Golden Tornado ! And if we ever start winning again what will a cool name be Blue Wave ? Actually blue is my favorite color as it is with the majority of males but when it comes to Tech gold & white are my preference. If the recruits like the color so much why in heck are they not signing with schools that have blue as a primary color? What if the " croots " want to change the team nickname? The school fight song?
Why not? I'm pretty sure PressManCoverage would be in favor of changing the name of the school if a 5 star QB Croot wanted.

Back