Unlike The Other Times We’ve Risen From The Ashes Like When

GoldenIsle

Flats Noob
Curry followed Pepper, Ross followed Curry, and O’Leary followed Lewis … this time it is going to take something more than being a good coach/recruiter. The big money folks will have to pony up including those that have just given to the academic side. It is going to take some serious convincing and the administration will need to pitch in and help. Top notch recruits are going where the nil money is available. On a side note … we stink at marketing. I would go to every high school in the Atlanta area and leave a couple of hundred GT caps and 50-100 tickets to the home game. The AD at these high schools could announce to the students the caps and tickets are first come first serve. We need to develop some sidewalk fans. For our own students the professors could give them a little extra credit for attending games, and all incoming freshmen get a cap. We got to do something because the same old thing ain’t working. Then when we start winning attendance will take care of itself.

GoldenIsle

Flats Noob
I realize my wish list will happen when pigs fly but if it don’t, then the only way out of this is we are very successful in tapping the transfer portal and I don’t know if you can sustain a program with that strategy.

GoldenIsle

Flats Noob
“For our own students the professors could give them a little extra credit for attending games”

Oh, man
I said little … not a dang letter grade. Y’all just keep pissing on out of the box stuff since what we’ve been doing is packing the stadium.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
I said little … not a dang letter grade. Y’all just keep pissing on out of the box stuff since what we’ve been doing is packing the stadium.
13 years ago or so my professor relished the opportunity to schedule an exam the same night as our last home game of the season. The only game of my four years that I didn't sit in the swarm section. And I don't think he was an isolated case.

Since the school has gotten better academically since then I don't think professors will be giving extra credit to attend games. More likey to be the opposite.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
We need a GT-grad tech billionaire to donate millions. That is how we compete

Recognize this guy?

GoldenIsle

Flats Noob
13 years ago or so my professor relished the opportunity to schedule an exam the same night as our last home game of the season. The only game of my four years that I didn't sit in the swarm section. And I don't think he was an isolated case.

Since the school has gotten better academically since then I don't think professors will be giving extra credit to attend games. More likey to be the opposite.
What ashame, it’s not like the academics will go down the toilet if professors try to help out out the enthusiasm of the student body. That professor must have got his butt kicked on the playground at school when he was a kid.

GT3000

Damn Good Rat
What ashame, it’s not like the academics will go down the toilet if professors try to help out out the enthusiasm of the student body. That professor must have got his butt kicked on the playground at school when he was a kid.
It is “ashame”

maybe we can ask TA’s for a handjob or two to aid in the “Enthusiasm” of the student body prior to tests that interfere with our weekday home games.

I appreciate the fact that you are looking for a solution.

there is only one. MONEY. Paid directly to “student-athletes”. Maybe we just all pool what we have to by mega millions tickets and donate from that.

I used a lot of quotes. Sorry

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
I like what ECU does to try to get young grads coming to games. For the first three years after you graduate, if you are willing to buy a season ticket at a discounted rate (about a 40% discount), you are credited with a $250 annual donation to the Pirate Club. Priority points begin to accumulate. They are betting on the idea that if they can get you to come to games for three years, your likelihood of starting to give the $250 or more annually and buy season tickets at the full rate is greater than trying to get you to jump in at full price right away. They extend this offer to graduate school and professional school grads as well. The seats are on the side across from the press box in two sections about the 20/30 yard line, lower level. If they want to sit on the press box side they can, they just get "best available" which is typically toward the goal line.

We need to increase student attendance and then try something like this to keep grads coming to football. Perhaps we have a plan like this, but I am not aware of it. We could also try to market some plan like this for non-alums who want to try Tech football. Our stadium is the problem - we have over half the lower level on one side committed to premium seating that has a low percentage use rate. Most of the tickets we can sell in this type of plan put you in the upper deck corners, or even more likely, upper north, where you will be surrounded by "enemy" fans for the big games. This is not conducive to great game day experiences.

But, seriously, we have to do something.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
I like what ECU does to try to get young grads coming to games. For the first three years after you graduate, if you are willing to buy a season ticket at a discounted rate (about a 40% discount), you are credited with a $250 annual donation to the Pirate Club. Priority points begin to accumulate. They are betting on the idea that if they can get you to come to games for three years, your likelihood of starting to give the $250 or more annually and buy season tickets at the full rate is greater than trying to get you to jump in at full price right away. They extend this offer to graduate school and professional school grads as well. The seats are on the side across from the press box in two sections about the 20/30 yard line, lower level. If they want to sit on the press box side they can, they just get "best available" which is typically toward the goal line.

We need to increase student attendance and then try something like this to keep grads coming to football. Perhaps we have a plan like this, but I am not aware of it. We could also try to market some plan like this for non-alums who want to try Tech football. Our stadium is the problem - we have over half the lower level on one side committed to premium seating that has a low percentage use rate. Most of the tickets we can sell in this type of plan put you in the upper deck corners, or even more likely, upper north, where you will be surrounded by "enemy" fans for the big games. This is not conducive to great game day experiences.

But, seriously, we have to do something.
It definitely starts with student attendance. Every other major university has students packing the stands and making noise. It’s a different atmosphere when students show up and get loud.

StraightFresh

Midtown Zoomer
Our only move is to somehow become a magnet for Corporate Atlanta. I don't know, turn the literal whole stadium into glassy, elevated corporate suites. General public just straight up not allowed in anymore. Make it ridiculously swanky. Maybe Coke et al can find a few tens of millions of dollars to give the on-field product some gravitas and make it worth watching. Nothing short of a total paradigm shift will save us from decaying into no longer having a football program.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
It is “ashame”

maybe we can ask TA’s for a handjob or two to aid in the “Enthusiasm” of the student body prior to tests that interfere with our weekday home games.

I appreciate the fact that you are looking for a solution.

there is only one. MONEY. Paid directly to “student-athletes”. Maybe we just all pool what we have to by mega millions tickets and donate from that.

I used a lot of quotes. Sorry
All things being equal, we've still got to figure out a way to get them on campus, coach them, AND win.

Beej1953

Helluva Engineer
Maybe just make the athletic ID (do students still pay extra for that?) free - might get a few more butts in seats.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb

About 32 years ago my Microelectronics Prof, a jackass named Connolly, started class by asking for a show of hands by those who has attended Tech's football game over the weekend. He then wasted the first half of class chewing everyone out for not concentrating enough on studying for his course, having our priorities, all wrong, etc. So everything old is new again!