Unlike The Other Times We’ve Risen From The Ashes Like When

GoldenIsle

Flats Noob
About 32 years ago my Microelectronics Prof, a jackass named Connolly, started class by asking for a show of hands by those who has attended Tech's football game over the weekend. He then wasted the first half of class chewing everyone out for not concentrating enough on studying for his course, having our priorities, all wrong, etc. So everything old is new again!
Unbelievable … jackass is being kind.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Unbelievable … jackass is being kind.
What's MORE unbelievable is that I am a jackass who continues to post under the influence. That was actually 42 years ago. Otherwise, every word is true. Maybe I'm being kind because I aced his class . . . while one of my best friends dropped it with an F at the drop deadline. And the kicker is that this lazy jackass was so dedicated to HIS job that he recycled old finals questions that were in the "word" files of every frat on campus.

BigChooch0405

Varsity Lurker
My main concern is overall enthusiasm and competence from the Athletic department.

UGA won the national championship on Monday

Caught the plane home on Tuesday

Had 150,000 people on hand in Athens for a 2.5 mile parade and a 90 minute ceremony at their stadium (complete with a ten minute speech by the SEC Commissioner) and 40 2023 recruits on hand to meet coaches, staff, current players and famous alums.

Looking holistically, does anyone think Tech could have pulled that off on three days notice? Does anyone think our Athletic department has that degree of competence or enthusiasm?

I am highly skeptical…

BackstreetBuzz

GT fan for 60+ years
I said little … not a dang letter grade. Y’all just keep pissing on out of the box stuff since what we’ve been doing is packing the stadium.
I thought the average GPA was now about 3.8 with about a 99% retention rate. I think the profs are already giving out grades.

BTW, I lIke your ideas. The farther out of the box they are, the better. I would give out dorm rooms, parking passes, registration priority, free booze, etc., based upon attendance.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
My main concern is overall enthusiasm and competence from the Athletic department.

Had 150,000 people on hand in Athens for a 2.5 mile parade and a 90 minute ceremony at their stadium (complete with a ten minute speech by the SEC Commissioner) and 40 2023 recruits on hand to meet coaches, staff, current players and famous alums.

Looking holistically, does anyone think Tech could have pulled that off on three days notice? Does anyone think our Athletic department has that degree of competence or enthusiasm?

I am highly skeptical…
Absolutly not, but to be fair, putting something like that together on an urban campus with all the Atlanta red tape to deal with is also way harder than doing it in the glorified pasture that is Athens…

JRjr

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like

I am highly skeptical…
Your point isn't wrong, but I am skeptical they didn't have some sort of planning for it started before Monday.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like

I am highly skeptical…
Wouldn’t matter. Tech fans wouldn’t come.

gt2690b

PB time!

I am highly skeptical…
I mean we have the pi mile so maybe