"Unprecedented" penalties TBA for PSU

cantSpellConvictWithoutVT

Helluva Engineer
cavman might get a bye week before our game this year after all...

CBS News has learned that the NCAA will announce what a high-ranking association source called "unprecedented" penalties against both the Penn State University football team and the school.

"I've never seen anything like it," the source told correspondent Armen Keteyian.

NCAA President Mark Emmert will make the announcement Monday morning at 9 a.m. at the organization's headquarters in Indianapolis.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162...ented-penalties-against-penn-state/?tag=stack

I predict lawsuit response. PSU won't take something too harsh lying down. May help define the authority of the NCAA.

Unprecedented? Would that imply more than one year of death penalty? And what does "and the school" mean?

My Reaction: :popcorn::pop:

Penn St Fans' Reaction: :turbonoes::ohhhPOOPOO::hiding:

What I want the NCAA to do: :firedevil::lightingzap:

What the NCAA will probably do: :ban::ban2:

Meanwhile, in Jerry Sandusky's cell: :pedobear2:

Given the timing of the announcement, I suspect psu and the ncaa have reached a mutual agreement to cancel the 2012 season, among other things. Things could get ugly in state college - the cultists are rallying against the interim president to whom they claim is succumbing to external pressure. I hope the riot gear is ready just in case.

Given the timing of the announcement, I suspect psu and the have reached a mutual agreement to cancel the 2012 season, among other things. Things could get ugly in state college - the cultists are rallying against the interim president to whom they claim succumbing to external pressure. I hope the riot gear is ready just in case.

Its thats true they need to release the players like SMU did.

Oooo, Schad says it'll be "on par" with death penalty in its severity.
:popcorn:

Leave it to the NCAA to screw things up as usual.

"You're out of your element, NCAA"
big_lebowski_007.jpg

The 'unprecedented' part refers to giving penalties this quickly without hearings.

My guess is 2 year bowl ban and loss of 15 scholarships.

Pathetic in my opinion. Either give no penalties arguing that this is outside NCAA stuff, or shut the program down because this is as serious as it gets, covering up rape by football affiliated person in facilities.

Agreed with cyp. A stupid bowl ban is a cop out.

If they are going to levy penalties they need to shut that crap down up there for a year.

Back