[UPDATED AFTER 2017] Coach Paul Johnson's Georgia Tech wins, ranked #76 to #1 with highlights

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
I'm fine with the top 10 in that order. USC was preseason No. 1, weren't they, and we rang up 280 rushing on them, plus threw two SHORT passes for touchdowns. Probably should have scored 35 on them.
I might - might - swap 1 and 3. But that's a tough call. 3 is special because they were up 16 at the half and it ended the drought. I think No. 2 is right where it needs to be. Orange Bowl win over a SEC team that had been top 5 for much of the year ... just a great, great game. The TO at its most lethal.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
What a year 2014 was! The top two wins, and 5 of the top 18, and I really can't argue with any of those rankings. Can a 2017 game crack the top 10?

gtphd

What a time to be alive
I might - might - swap 1 and 3. But that's a tough call.
No way. I was literally debating going to the hospital when Butker made that kick. It's probably one of a handful of moments in my life where I remember exactly where I was. It's right there with running up and down the halls of the Kawaii St Regis at the end of the 2015 FSU game.

Ed Sawyer

I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.
Great list. 2009 Florida State is too low though. Great game that gave us the iconic Nesbitt fumble play. Would be top 10 or so on my list.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
No way. I was literally debating going to the hospital when Butker made that kick. It's probably one of a handful of moments in my life where I remember exactly where I was. It's right there with running up and down the halls of the Kawaii St Regis at the end of the 2015 FSU game.
Subtle brag l@mp

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
My only squabble would be the TaxSlayer Bowl game is too high. It's just Kentucky... every win over FSU, Clemson, VT, and Miami should be above a Kentucky game.
Yes, UK way too high. UK is Vandy level

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Elon at #37 seems crazy, but that's probably how you felt too after putting all this together, so maybe it just slipped through the cracks.

2008 FSU is just a giant win to me. I'd probably have to find a way to work it in to the Top 5 somehow. But most of the high-level wins would be tough to displace.

Fun list.

southendzoneBEE

Gailey-Like
I concur.

If we were to create a corollary list of horrible memories -- GT's losses under CPJ -- the loss to Iowa was a bummer but felt nowhere near as bad as the losses to UGA... Thomas' dropped pass, the missed game-tying extra point, giving up a 20 point lead to lose in OT, etc.
I did make this list too, lol.

solid opinions, a lot of these were really tough to rank. as far as elon goes, it got a boost solely because it was a shutout + 70 pts scored

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
Great list. 2009 Florida State is too low though. Great game that gave us the iconic Nesbitt fumble play. Would be top 10 or so on my list.
This was a great and memorable game! Definitely top 10 in the CPJ era. Back and forth scoring, night game with lightning delays, one of the most incredible plays ever, Bobby Bowden complaining they can't stop the triple option (he really meant wishbone).

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I take back all those things I said about SEBee. Tip of the hat for putting that list together - that should keep me busy for a while.

:bowdown:

southendzoneBEE

Gailey-Like
the only thing that held this game down a little bit was the fact FSU was garbage that year. So the win wasn't all that quality, no matter how awesome it was

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
#29 2009 North Carolina was one of my favorite games ever. We had a big, rowdy group in UN and we trash talked those faggy Carolina fans all day. Then held onto the ball for 42 minutes and they didn't stand a chance. Then the cleansing rain fell on us and we danced around naked and made sweet love to their women.

agt45

Distinguished Gentleman
One of my favorites was actually the Kansas game. It was such a clinic. They were woefully unprepared and the game was a blowout but it was also great to see what we were capable of offensively.

southendzoneBEE

Gailey-Like
One of my favorites was actually the Kansas game. It was such a clinic. They were woefully unprepared and the game was a blowout but it was also great to see what we were capable of offensively.
and we didn't pull away until the second half, so the game was actually pretty watchable.

southendzoneBEE

Gailey-Like
if anyone thinks of a list like this that would be interesting to put together let me know. I enjoy doing stuff like this, it's basically my job for the Supercross series