URGENT! Stansbury wants us to pick the next HC

Who do we hire?

• Total voters
Guys we're not going to hire a guy named after a country that exists solely to supply the world with maple syrup. It's just not going to happen. Please move on.

I don't understand why anyone would suggest a coach whose experiences are rooted in the factories -- what is possibly transferable about such experience at GT?

Even if he isn't hired as HC, I would want GT to pay whatever it takes to hire Dell McGee away from UGAg. He is the engine that runs that recruiting machine over there. And he'd bring with him boat loads of top talent from the southern part of the state.

If this thread is serious, Scott Satterfield or Bill Clark from UAB

On the one hand, getting Venables would instantly hurt Clemson and hopefully bring a defensive identity back to the program. It also wouldn't shoehorn us into a particular offense.

But, pirates.

If this thread is serious, Scott Satterfield or Bill Clark from UAB

I just don't think Bill Clark would leave UAB. Given what happened there and his success he probably already has the Bobby Cremins "when you're ready" deal. I love the thought process though.

On the one hand, getting Venables would instantly hurt Clemson and hopefully bring a defensive identity back to the program. It also wouldn't shoehorn us into a particular offense.

But, pirates.

If you're looking to hurt a rival and boost the program might I suggest poaching Dell McGee from Athens instead?

Back