Vegas not feeling the juice

Discussion in 'Football' started by jts1207, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Yukonwreck

Yukonwreck Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Tampa, Florida
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    It means just what you said. They are offering $124 for $100 to entice people to bet the over, because most will be leaning toward the under.

2. Kcs_Tech

Kcs_Tech Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Georgia
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Any suggestions where best to bet on this online? Thanks.

3. gtfan088

gtfan088 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    *Curacao/Costa Rica

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  4. gtfan088

gtfan088 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    It's not up in most places. Heritage and Bovada have o4.5, with Heritage at better odds (+165 vs. +145). Max risk of $250 though.

5. Yukonwreck

Yukonwreck Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Tampa, Florida
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    USF, Citadel, Temple, Duke. Then pick at least one out of UNC, Miami, Pitt, UVA. Losses to Clempsen, UGA, VPI, and NCST.

6. gtrower

gtrower Dodd-Like

Loc:
    DC
    Team:
    GT
    Not sure why you have VT in that category. Them not being able to move the ball on us shouldn’t change with a new offensive scheme. Miami Pitt and UVA all have a better chance of beating us than the turkeys.

UVA is probably my pick for the Coastal this year if we don’t win it. Duke is the only team I have below VT.

7. FLTech

FLTech Banned (Temporary) Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    Florida
    Team:
    GT
    If we even make a bowl game, to me it will be a success

8. JoeCakeEater

JoeCakeEater Dodd-Like

Loc:
    The South
    Team:
    The Institute
    Everyone assumes that our offense will regress as we try to fit a round peg into a square hole. They likely are correct to some degree, but I reject the notion that we will completely suck on offense this season. At the very least we should have the element of surprise since none of the current ACC coaches has seen GT run anything other than the 3-O.

Everyone likewise is discounting the improvement our defense should make now that they will take live 1 v 1 reps against a more conventional offense...and don't give me any b.s. about CPJ said our defense saw more traditional offenses via our scout team. That does not give you a quality look.

9. ThisIsAtlanta

ThisIsAtlanta Actually Nicolas Cage Staff Member

Loc:
    Acworth
    Team:
    GT
    The only issues with our offense will be everyone making freshman mental mistakes in the pass game. We have nobody on the roster who has been running routes, reading coverage, developing timing, or pass blocking at a FBS level for long enough to be consistently crisp in it. I don't think we will be a joke, but there will be some head slappers.

10. Techbert

Techbert Dodd-Like

I think we will be dangerous from about Game Eight onward.

11. ClubSeats

ClubSeats Employee of the Month

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    This is what Vegas thinks of our conversion from the TO:
    3F922B63-3C5C-48FB-BADC-123908E7E82B.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  12. GoGATech

GoGATech Big Dummy

Loc:
    GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Apparently ESPN not feeling the juice either with their rankings/projections. They have us at #82 in latest FPI rankings and finishing with a W-L of 3.7-8.3.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/tab/fpi

If you click on GT you can see all the projections for each game. On the schedule, they have us as slight favorite against USF, and favored against Citadel. Every other game they have us as underdogs, and and not even just slightly. Every other game they have us at 40% or less chance of winning. That group includes Temple, UNC, Duke, etc. Talk about billboard material.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi?id=59&year=2019

13. Killick

Killick “The past is never dead. It's not even past.”

Loc:
    NW Florida
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    This is gonna be good. They think that if you run a high school offense, you have high school talent. If they are right, then CPJ was maybe the best offensive mind of all time to put up the numbers he did.

The question is "what elements do we have coming back?" Our offensive players have been running a more complex offense than any team on our schedule. For instance, the qb's are accustomed to making split second reads. The OL's are accustomed to moving fast and making in game changes to blocking schemes. RB's are trained to block and hit the hole hard. If you are the new OC, isn't that exactly the skills you would want to install a new offense? What is harder? Running bubble screens and slants, or the TO? What do you have to teach your players? On the OL, teach them how to hold without getting caught. Teach the qb that mastered the footwork for the TO how to catch a shotgun snap and get rid of the ball in under three seconds. Teach WR's that blocked CB's 90% of the time how to get by press coverage.

I know there are many other new techniques to be mastered, but my point is accurate. The TO was about team blocking, split second timing, execution, misdirection. Surely, an OC can take the 'offensive culture' CPJ installed and build on it. If we see an offense akin to the Gardner Webb game in '08, then we made a bad hire. For how many years have we heard for non TO offenses that the key to a good passing game is to establish the running game?

The defense is most likely another story altogether. The DL and LB are where the real work will be done. If Collins really is a great DB coach, then IMO he has the best DB talent to work with at GT since 89-91. We might get death marched ourselves. Let's hope we play a lot of bubble screeners.

Not much has been discussed about the kicking game. Are we looking at another Butker on FGs? Wells was money last year as a freshman. Kicking game cost us a couple in '17. Maybe it wins us a couple this year. Harvin is our best since Brooks. Might be our defensive MVP.

Take the over. I think our game with UVA decides the Coastal. Too bad it's in C'ville.

• Like Like x 2
  14. JudgeJudy

JudgeJudy Really Lurks @ The Varsity

Loc:
    Morrow, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Vegas didn't get built from making a bunch of bad odds, until we prove otherwise IIWII....

15. Yukonwreck

Yukonwreck Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Tampa, Florida
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Phil Steele has Miami ranked #15 in his preseason Top 25 .

16. GTBJW

GTBJW El Vato Loco

Loc:
    Columbus, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    GT will likely start the season 0-2. There will be a welcome break when the Citadel comes to Atlanta. Overall, September is going to be painful.

I hope I am wrong about this projection.

17. GoGATech

GoGATech Big Dummy

Loc:
    GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    [​IMG]

I think after being baptized by fire at Clemson, our first home game of the season, first of the CGC era, and against a USF team that we pissed a win away against last year, our guys will be extremely amped and laser focused, and should have a raucous home crowd for the beginning of a new era.

• Like Like x 2
  18. G776T

G776T Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Jackets
    Need Thomas to return 2 to the house for payback.

19. BranMart

BranMart BLUE PANTS!! 8 WINS + EVERY YEAR

Loc:
    North Paudling, GA
    Team:
    TECH
    To be fair, they aren't changing anything but putting in a head coach that will cheat more.

They should be at least as good as they were last year. But yeah, he is smoking something if he has them 15th.

20. ibeeballin

ibeeballin Dodd-Like

Loc:
    A-town
    Team:
    gt
    Lol... where is hard outside of Clemson & UGA?