Venables to Oklahoma?

That's how you get öööö done. TStan should be taking notes.
Taking notes? LOL we can't throw the money OU can at someone, and we damn sure don't have any recent success to play off of.

SEC post TX + OU

East- UF, UGA, SC, TN, Vandy, Kentucky, Bama, Auburn

West- LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Arkansas, Texas A+M, Mizzou, Texas, OU
I don't think any of the SEC schools will like that. That's too much the old SEC vs the big 12. It makes geographical sense, which is why it won't get organized that way.

When does his son graduate?
His older son Jake is graduating this year. He’s leaving Clemson - TBD whether he transfers or retires due to hamstring injuries. His younger son Tyler is a COVID freshman, so he’s got 3 more years after this one.

I wouldn’t be surprised either way. On one hand, BV is extremely well paid and well respected at Clemson, and doesn’t have to do the head coach media circus. On the other, Oklahoma would pay a HC even more, and the allure of an SEC HC position might be too much to turn down.

From a GT perspective, him leaving could be huge. That game has been chalked up as a loss for us (and everyone else) since 2016, largely due to his defenses.

From a Clemson perspective, I’d hate to see it.

S
His older son Jake is graduating this year. He’s leaving Clemson - TBD whether he transfers or retires due to hamstring injuries. His younger son Tyler is a COVID freshman, so he’s got 3 more years after this one.

I wouldn’t be surprised either way. On one hand, BV is extremely well paid and well respected at Clemson, and doesn’t have to do the head coach media circus. On the other, Oklahoma would pay a HC even more, and the allure of an SEC HC position might be too much to turn down.

From a GT perspective, him leaving could be huge. That game has been chalked up as a loss for us (and everyone else) since 2016, largely due to his defenses.

From a Clemson perspective, I’d hate to see it.
so both sons are at Clemson?

It must be hard, the double life you lead.
I decided when I started at Clemson that I would never give up my GT fanhood. I definitely became more of a Clemson fan than I ever imagined, but I still cheer for GT every time they play. I sat on the Hill, surrounded by my Clemson brethren, and watched Calvin Johnson get zero catches on College Gameday in 2006 as we got embarrassed. I also went to Tampa with a bunch of Clemson guys and laughed my ass off at their butthurt about being completely unable to stop the “same option play over and over again.” I never would have guessed in 2009 that GT would have consecutive 3 win seasons and Clemson would win multiple national titles.

I never would have guessed in 2009 that GT would have consecutive 3 win seasons and Clemson would win multiple national titles.
Just imagine what you could never imagine right now. Who knows how amazing things could be?

So do you post on Tiger boards as much as you do on ST?

Just imagine what you could never imagine right now. Who knows how amazing things could be?

So do you post on Tiger boards as much as you do on ST?
Not at all. Partially because I’ve found this board significantly more interesting, and partially because it’s easy enough to have in-person Clemson convos living in Upstate SC. Seeing a fellow GT fan is a rarity that warrants a “Go Jackets” every time.

Back