Venables to Oklahoma?

Clawoquy as in tiger claw + colloquy? I didn't realize you were such the wordsmith.
I am weapons-grade autism made flesh and my love for the written word is impervious to everything but persistent maximum doses of thorazine.

edit: Or in other words, I genuinely cannot help myself.

Last edited:
The Jacket is quite the enigma.
797579203565846549.png

DRad leaving now Venables. I think Clemson is in some trouble with some sanctions coming.

The article also states that Venables was interested in hiring Ole Miss offensive coordinator Jeff Lebby as his offensive coordinator if he gets the job. This might help us as teams we face early may be adjusting to new coaches.
Yes though of course we'll be adjusting too

DRad leaving now Venables. I think Clemson is in some trouble with some sanctions coming.
Good chance Tony Elliott also leaves for UVA or Duke.

I think you’re reading too much into it, though. Great coordinators don’t stick around long when they have Clemson-level success. It’s pretty amazing that they’ve stuck around as long as they have, honestly.

DRad is a surprise (if he does indeed go), but he’s got history with Miami and he may just prefer living in Miami to Clemson.

I hope Clemson enjoyed their run. I just don’t see Dabo being able to reload coordinators like Saban has been able to do.

The big part of Saban’a success i think is that the defense is his scheme so it is always stable. He’s got a knack for finding good offensive coordinators to begin in but it all starts with a consistent defensive scheme. It will be hard to replace Venables at Clemson

Not at all. Partially because I’ve found this board significantly more interesting, and partially because it’s easy enough to have in-person Clemson convos living in Upstate SC. Seeing a fellow GT fan is a rarity that warrants a “Go Jackets” every time.
I stopped saying Go Jackets at Tech fans under 40 that I run into on the street. They just stare at me with horror in their eyes that another human being is talking to them.

Back