Video of Spikes(UF lb) eye gouging ugag player...

Re: Video of Spikes(UF lb) eye gouching ugag player...

I have never seen that before. Spikes was on a mission there.

Meh, he was getting back at the bull**** they were pulling on him.

That's awful, Idc if it is Georgia.

Should be suspended for the rest of the season - including any bowl.

Should be suspended for the rest of the season - including any bowl.

Yes. I would like to think if someone on our team did this, CPJ would suspend him for the season.

Of course, I like to think that no one on our team would do this.

Sick.

I am not sure if it was intentional. He may have been going after the ball.

Not defending Spikes, but there was a play in the 2nd quarter, I think, where someone for UGAg pulled his helmet off and poked him in the eye. He had to walk around for a minute and shake it off. Doesn't excuse his behavior, but UGAg was doin dirty stuff too.

Not defending Spikes, but there was a play in the 2nd quarter, I think, where someone for UGAg pulled his helmet off and poked him in the eye. He had to walk around for a minute and shake it off. Doesn't excuse his behavior, but UGAg was doin dirty stuff too.

The reason he was walking around like that was that after someone pulled off his helmet, another Bulldog proceeded to hit him in the face with their helmet.

There was another play early in the game in which Spikes's helmet was pulled off his head. I am convinced someone on UGA's coaching staff made a concerted decision to target Spikes with these kinds of attacks in the hopes of injuring him and getting him out of the game.

The refs weren't doing anything to stop it, so in a way, I'm glad he got some retribution.

I saw that when it happened and was telling my wife they needed to show the replay because the guy is eye gouging the UGA player.

I hope UGA doesn't treat us the same way they treated Florida. Did anyone see that obviously intentional facemask to the UF player that was running at full speed in the first half? That could have ended badly.

I was finally able to get the youtube video to play, and agree that this went over the line. It's one thing to get a little retribution against someone who is trying to take you out, but digging in the guy's facemask goes way over the line. He should be punished. But the guys who were yanking off his helmet earlier need to get punished as well.

I wonder why transparent visors for the football helmet aren't mandatory. Not only is it easy to accidentally catch a finger on the eye, but it would also cut down on facemask penalties as there would be less places to grab.

Back