Video of Spikes(UF lb) eye gouging ugag player...

I wonder why transparent visors for the football helmet aren't mandatory. Not only is it easy to accidentally catch a finger on the eye, but it would also cut down on facemask penalties as there would be less places to grab.

turf in the eyes too.

I wonder why transparent visors for the football helmet aren't mandatory. Not only is it easy to accidentally catch a finger on the eye, but it would also cut down on facemask penalties as there would be less places to grab.

That is a good idea. I wonder where we would petition the NCAA for this.

I'm surprised Beamer isn't all over this yet, since he cares so much about the safety of the football players *TIC*

I think the introduction of the face mask actually increased serious injury in football. Back in the day, players without masks would never launch themselves headlong into another superbly conditioned athlete the way they do today. You would never lead with your helmet if you didn't have a face mask on. I know you can't delete them, but in my opinion the face protection allowed collision violence to be ramped up considerably and coached as a technique.

I think the introduction of the face mask actually increased serious injury in football. Back in the day, players without masks would never launch themselves headlong into another superbly conditioned athlete the way they do today. You would never lead with your helmet if you didn't have a face mask on. I know you can't delete them, but in my opinion the face protection allowed collision violence to be ramped up considerably and coached as a technique.

Maybe the collisions look worse since the players today are much, much, bigger, stronger, faster and better conditioned than "back in the day," dontcha think?

I don't think the face protection has increased collisions, it has reduced the violent impact of them.

That is some gutless bs.

Get a rep for that crap, and guess what, you never realize there is someone out there a lot bigger, stronger, meaner and dirtier that will eventually get you.

Ive been a college grad since 04 but I would bet my life-savings Brandon Spikes is older than me.

The reason he was walking around like that was that after someone pulled off his helmet, another Bulldog proceeded to hit him in the face with their helmet.

There was another play early in the game in which Spikes's helmet was pulled off his head. I am convinced someone on UGA's coaching staff made a concerted decision to target Spikes with these kinds of attacks in the hopes of injuring him and getting him out of the game.

The refs weren't doing anything to stop it, so in a way, I'm glad he got some retribution.

these guys with long hair seem to have their helmet come off easily. Cut your hair buckle up your chin strap.

That man is a bad Mother....

hush your mouth

Hey, I am just talkin about Spikes

UGa was called for 2 unsportsmanlike penalties in the first six minutes. There were 2 more that I saw that were NOT called in the first 7 1/2 minutes of the game. A UGA player punched a UF player, and Tebow made a handoff and was just standing there when he was pummeled by the UGa player.

Should have been FOUR unsportsmanlike penalties in the first 1/8 of the game against UGa.

What is disgusting is that people on this board are taking up for the Dirty Dawgs. Richt brought the FSU thuggery to Athens. I don't blame UF for retaliating.

Back