VPI or duh U

daU wins, but we're pulling for VT b/c it improves our very slim chances of ACCCG.

If Miami wins, we would need them to lose two of their remaining games:
Duke
UVA
Pittsburgh

If VT wins, we would need them to lose one of their remaining games, and Miami to lose one of theirs:
Maryland
UVA

I guess I have more confidence that they would lose one each than I do that Miami would lose two.

I think the chokie D is too much for the thUgs. Turkeys 17-10

Great question. I cant decide. Hitler vs Lenin. Georgie vs the devil. Buzzczar vs gtzulu.

I'll make a decision. There iz 0% chance GT backs into the championship if U wins. There is a 0.01% chance if VT wins. Go hoagies.

daU wins, but we're pulling for VT b/c it improves our very slim chances of ACCCG.

We're pulling for Miami because they have more ACC games remaining against tougher teams.

It is more likely for Miami to lose 2+ after beating VPI than it is for Miami to lose 1+ and VPI lose 1+ after VPI beats Miami.

Duke
UVA
Pittsburgh

If VT wins, we would need them to lose one of their remaining games, and Miami to lose one of theirs:
Maryland
UVA

I guess I have more confidence that they would lose one each than I do that Miami would lose two.

+ we have to beat Clemson.

We're pulling for Miami because they have more ACC games remaining against tougher teams.

It is more likely for Miami to lose 2+ after beating VPI than it is for Miami to lose 1+ and VPI lose 1+ after VPI beats Miami.

The Miami +1 is irrelevant. Any gt title game scenario involves miami losing one.

The question is is it more likely for miami to lose a second game or vt to lose 1.

The simple fact is if miami is good enough to beat vt without their running back, they are way too good to lose to both duke and pitt.

Duke
UVA
Pittsburgh

Maryland
UVA

Give the following probabilities:

Duke over Miami
Pitt over Miami
UVA over Miami
Maryland over VPI
UVA over VPI

I can't pull for either one of these teams. I can't decide what's better for Tech; U wins, then hope they lose 2 --or VPI wins, then hope each loses a game.

I'll let the outcome happen, then I'll hope for the best --which of course must include a GT win Thursday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duke over Miami 0.3
Pitt over Miami 0.4
UVA over Miami 0.2
Maryland over VPI 0.4
UVA over VPI 0.3

Based on those probabilities you are right. But you seem to think VPI is a lot better than I think they are.

The Miami +1 is irrelevant. Any gt title game scenario involves miami losing one.

The question is is it more likely for miami to lose a second game or vt to lose 1.

The simple fact is if miami is good enough to beat vt without their running back, they are way too good to lose to both duke and pitt.

This makes no sense.

This is a good point and is equivalent to saying you think probability of Miami losing to Duke/Pitt/UVA is smaller than I thought it was.

As Henry Kissinger once said about the Iran-Iraq War, "It's a pity they can't both lose."

VT might have a pulse, yet. I think they win 21-17.

If Vpi wins and we win, then we'll be tied for the coastal regardless of what happens next. I think that sort of thing can't hurt with recruiting.

UVa might have a shot in the rivalry game, and Miami will be feeling the pressure without the tiebreaker ag their last 3.

Back