VT QB eligibility in question

Probably had the penalty reduced to “F on the assignment, attend an academic integrity class, and never do it again.” Pretty common and makes me think it was a first time offense.

If he’s starting in 2018 again VT has bigger issues.
How so? He started every game, and I thought his numbers were pretty good. Do they have better talent coming up? He is certainly big and has a good arm. Read an article that Fuente said he "needs to fall in love with the process." Does that mean he is not all in?

Fuente said he "needs to fall in love with the process."

Maybe that's his way of saying he needs to go to class.

The Process could be his girl's name. These are the times we live in. Although it would probably be spelled a little differently.

How so? He started every game, and I thought his numbers were pretty good. Do they have better talent coming up? He is certainly big and has a good arm. Read an article that Fuente said he "needs to fall in love with the process." Does that mean he is not all in?

I don’t know maybe I’m jaded from him being helpless against us last year. But I watched a handful of their games last year and never felt he was a dangerous player. Undersized at 6’1” 211, but isn’t much of a running threat. Numbers look average at 230 pypg, 59%, 20 TDs, and 9 INTs. But then you strip out his 3 non-P5 games (ECU/ODU/Delaware) and those numbers fall to 210 pypg, 57%, 10 TDs, 8 INTs.

Granted he was a frosh, but that’s not gonna scare too many DCs out there for a QB in that offense.

I don’t know maybe I’m jaded from him being helpless against us last year. But I watched a handful of their games last year and never felt he was a dangerous player. Undersized at 6’1” 211, but isn’t much of a running threat. Numbers look average at 230 pypg, 59%, 20 TDs, and 9 INTs. But then you strip out his 3 non-P5 games (ECU/ODU/Delaware) and those numbers fall to 210 pypg, 57%, 10 TDs, 8 INTs.

Granted he was a frosh, but that’s not gonna scare too many DCs out there for a QB in that offense.

I thought he was bigger, not Logan Thomas but bigger. Still they were 9-4 and except for the game against us, they lost games to Miami, Clempsen, and Oklahoma State who were a combined 32-8. But you are probably right, they weren't outscoring teams as much as Foster's defense kept them competitive. I'd be thrilled if he holds them back this year.

Back