VT's in ACC game & this could bust expansion wide open!

Re: VT\'s in ACC game & this could bust expansion wide open!

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
It has been report that Cuse is not all that keen on being in the ACC. So lets hope that VT accepts then Cuse turns down the invite. We still end up with the 12 that we wanted all along. However 13 is not bad 6 in 1 div 7 in the other we still have a playoff and the option to bring the ACC to 14 at a later date.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">OF: Got your decals - need your address - email me.

Originally posted by Big Buck:
Ahso, you are correct, the guy has been trashing
expansion from the get go. He was quoted as saying
last week that expansion didn't make any sense with two northeast teams and 10 southern teams. I do know that many employers wouldn't tolerate this kind of rudeness and insubordination from one of their employees. Of course he and coach K has one thing in common and that is WHINING. I can't wait to watch Duke play Syracuse in BB because these two will take whining to a new level.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB: I love the whining in CAPS - they have got to be the TWO BIGGEST ONES!

Oldfoggy, I do remember the basketball coach at Syracuse was not happy about the move, but I had not heard any other negative talk from Syracuse.

If that is true, it would seem they would withdraw and not have the rest of the Big East upset at them.

I have a sneaky feeling it was only the basketball coach upset with the idea. However, I am only guessing.

wink.gif

Great news on VT getting the invite!

I say offer the 14th slot to WV.
drinking.gif

North Division

Miami
Syracuse
Boston College
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
Virginia
Maryland

South Division

FSU
GT
Clemson
Duke
UNC
NC State
Wake Forest

Maybe Syracuse & BC back out. The ACC gets the 12 school total that was originally sought, and she remains a southern conference.
wink.gif

Note: Notre Dame belongs in the Big 10 if it wants to be in a conference IMHO.
wtf.gif

UConn?
wtf.gif
puke.gif

Originally posted by FHstinger:
wtf.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ditto. ND/Meechigan, ND/Michigan St, ND/Purdue,
ND/Indiana, and on and on. ND is obviously a Big 10 school that's been playing as an independent. ND to the Big 10 and PSU to the BE where they belong. Everybody's hoppy!

Originally posted by gnats 67:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by FHstinger:
wtf.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ditto. ND/Meechigan, ND/Michigan St, ND/Purdue,
ND/Indiana, and on and on. ND is obviously a Big 10 school that's been playing as an independent. ND to the Big 10 and PSU to the BE where they belong. Everybody's hoppy!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Agree 100%, gnats 67.

IIRC, Penn State joined the Big 10 when the Big East was a basketball conference only. A few years later, the Big East formed it's football league.

I also agree. Notre Dame is definitely a Big Ten school.

I still believe Penn State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Boston College, Maryland, and Virginia would have been a great Northern Division in a new conference.

Georgia Tech, NCSU, Clemson, South Carolina, FSU, and Miami would have been a great Southern Division in a new conference.

Father Time

Back